Project Manager at XPO Logistics Freight, Inc.
Posted in Transportation 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan
Logistics done differently.
At XPO Logistics, we’re constantly looking for ways to improve, enhance, and adapt in an ever-changing marketplace. As the Project Manager, you will lead key strategic projects across the organization. You will work cross-functionally to implement solutions, troubleshoot problems, and monitor the effectiveness of strategic initiatives.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability, and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Independently initiate and manage strategic projects through all phases to ensure alignment with LTL objectives.
- Work with business process owners to identify, scope, and implement areas of opportunity.
- Work collaboratively with all levels including executives, managers, front line, technical experts, and IT.
- Demonstrate creativity in scoping, managing, and implementing projects to meet business needs.
- Report project status and financial performance to Senior Leadership.
- Responsible for ensuring timely and effective project delivery with measurable outcomes.
- Collaborate with IT Project Manager to ensure alignment in project objectives and delivery expectations.
- Perform other duties as required.
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in an analytical field, or equivalent experience
- 5 years of experience, preferably in manufacturing or logistics
- Lean or Six Sigma experience
- Experience in project management
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Availability to travel up to 25%
It’d be great if you also have:
- Master’s degree
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Certification in Lean or Six Sigma and/or PMP
- Proficient with Microsoft Access
Be part of something big.
XPO provides cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the world's most successful companies, including Disney, Pepsi, L'Oréal, Toyota and many others. We’re the fastest-growing transportation company on the Fortune 500 list and we’re just getting started.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran, or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time-to-time, as needed.