Master Data Analyst at Georgia Pacific
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Who is Georgia-Pacific?Watch to find out!
The Procurement Master Data Management team provides accurate supplier, material, and pricing data, which enables Georgia-Pacific to realize a competitive advantage in procurement, sourcing, and reliability. The MDM Business Analyst possesses strong analytical skills and the ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment. The role performs analysis that identifies opportunities for value creation in sourcing, transactional efficiency, and data management. The role blends a foundation of master data management methodology with a broad understanding of the company’s sourcing and reliability objectives and strategies, and collaborates with key stakeholders, including sourcing teams and field personnel, to quantify and capture value.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
Key Responsibilities include:
Manage data in the MDM system
- Manage segments and elements of supplier, material, and pricing data in the SAP-MDM environment and syndicate to core systems
- Perform data cleansing, audit, and validation, in alignment with established data governance standards
- Maintain and improve data integrity and accuracy and eliminate recurring data issues
- Maintain integration processes to support ongoing data quality
- Perform root-cause analysis on master data and MDM system integration problems; recommend and execute corrective actions
Extract data from multiple systems, conduct detailed data analysis, and load data into SAP-MDM
- Perform detailed data mining, analysis and functional interpretation of procurement master data
- Execute mass creation and updates of supplier, material, and price catalog data
- Identify patterns within the data to leverage information to create value
- Adhere to internal financial controls, including managing sensitive/confidential supplier and price information in accordance with compliance standards and regulatory guidelines.
- Understand the impact of master data within the organization and systems.
- Understand procurement, sourcing, and reliability strategies, and support strategy execution utilizing master data analysis.
- Collaborate with stakeholders in sourcing, purchasing, and operations to capture, measure and report long-term value identified through data mining and data management.
- Lead projects, as assigned, performing all aspects of project management.
- Communicate effectively through written and oral communication, facilitated by the use of summaries and reports.
- Manage own time by setting and meeting deadlines.
What You Will Need:
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, to include managing data files in Excel
•2 years of experience analyzing and trending data (previous data analysis internships are considered)
• Experience managing data with the ability to create queries and perform mass updates to data
• Core system/ERP experience (example: SAP, Oracle, MP2, Infinium, Asset Suite)
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Finance or Accounting
- Master Data Management experience
- Expertise with SAP-MDM or other Master Data Management applications
- Purchasing or sourcing experience
- Pricing analysis experience
Why Work For GP?
- A culture that places top priority on integrity and compliance
- Opportunity for career growth at one of the largest, financially stable companies in the world
- Encouragement to challenge the status quo and share knowledge
- Responsibilities and rewards based on contributions
- Continued company growth due to reinvesting 90% of our earnings
- Competitive pay and benefits that help you manage your personal and financial wellness
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
We're part of your everyday life. From the walls of your home to the Dixie® plates on your table, the boxes at your local grocery store or the Quilted Northern® in your bathroom, there's a good chance a Georgia-Pacific product is nearby. We need people like you: People who can help us make life's simple necessities better.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf