Premium Winemaker at E&J Gallo Winery
Posted in Science 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Modesto , California
Why E. & J. Gallo Winery?
Recognized by Glassdoor as a “Best Place to Work” two years in a row, we couldn’t be prouder of our employees. We are the largest family-owned winery in the world with over 100 brands. We are committed to driving innovation, sustainability, and fostering a culture of collaboration. We look forward to having you join the team! Your Talent & Gallo | A Perfect Pairing
Are you a dynamic individual who can bring a passion for wine, energy and a refined palate to our team? E. & J. Gallo Winery is seeking an Associate Winemaker to join our family. As an Associate Winemaker, you will be supporting all activities of the winemaking process. You will provide technical collaboration to ensure superior wine quality at all stages of wine production, including the research and development stage and the raw material stage.
What You Will Do
- Manage supplies and ingredients, including pre-harvest winemaking supplies, all wine additives and fining agents
- Participate in wine tasting to evaluate and make recommendations to improve wine quality
- Manage wine process operations as assigned including but not limited to: management of wine temperature, sulfur dioxide and acidulation
- Support winegrowing, winemaking, brand winemaking and wine processing operations.
- Work with the Winemaker to Develop blend concepts for new products
- May be asked to support as a Spokesperson/Brand Ambassador
- Will be working with, supporting and mentoring Assistant Winemakers and Enologists.
- Participate in the wine tasting process and is responsible for the attainment of wine flavor profiles which meet marketing needs
- Provide technical support to implement daily short-term wine work plans
- Conduct fining trials and oversees winemaking/wine processing trials and experiments and report results to Winemaker
- Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental and safety regulatory considerations.
- Work toward development of continuous improvement projects in order to improve wine quality
- May be called to consult on Winery capital projects
What You Need
- Bachelor's degree Biological Engineering, Biology, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Enology, Fermentation Science, Nutritional Science, Food Science or Microbiology plus 4 years of enology, winemaking, or viticulture experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility OR High School Diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate plus 8 years of enology, winemaking, or viticulture experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
- Required to work extended hours during peak times of the year to ensure wine quality.
- Required to possess a valid driver's license and clean driving record.
- Required to identify and articulate variances in wine color by sight and identify wine flavors by taste and smell.
- Required to be at least 21 years of age.
What Will Set You Apart
- Bachelor's degree in Biological Engineering, Biology, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Enology, Fermentation Science, Nutritional Science, Food Science or Microbiology, plus 6 years of enology, viticulture or winemaking experience.
- Experience working with multiple grape varieties.
- Experience with cellar work, such as racking, blending, crush pad, press operations, barrel filling/empting, various forms of filtration and winery cleaning/sanitation.
- Supervisory experience in the lab or cellar.
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future.
To view a full job description, please click here.
Requisition ID: 52882
Equal Opportunity Employer