Vice President, Human Resources at Ametek, Inc.
Posted in Management 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Mahwah, New Jersey
Job ID: 11609
The Vice President of HR is accountable for the development and delivery of programs and support that will improve the performance of the Division. The successful candidate must be a strong, action-oriented leader who can partner with the leadership team to accelerate strategy implementation, build leadership talent to fuel future growth, and enhance organizational performance. Candidates must have strong collaboration skills, strategic thinking, tough-mindedness, a sharp eye for talent, team building skills, unquestioned integrity, and the experience and presence to effectively handle senior level relationships and sensitive HR issues in a global environment. The position reports directly to the Vice President & General Manager of the Division, with dotted line oversight of the Business Unit HR Managers.
• Develop and implement a division HR plan, supporting the Division’s strategic and annual operating plans
• Translate organizational strategy into meaningful and relevant HR initiatives
• Serve as a senior advisor, coach, and trusted resource to the GM and leadership team
• Provide leadership and direction to the management team and business unit HR leaders to resolve HR problems, manage organizational change and drive success
• Lead HR due diligence and integration activities for acquisitions targeted by the Division
• Counsel managers on HR issues such as organization design, leadership development, succession management, change, performance management, training, human resource policy, talent retention strategies and compensation
• Plan and manage the delivery of all HR support to employees including; recruitment, organizational development, training, compensation, benefits, communications, and talent management solutions
• Evaluate Division opportunities to improve effectiveness in areas such as organizational structure, work processes, teamwork, and leadership
• Collaborate with Corporate HR on AMETEK HR processes and policies to be deployed in the Division
• Travel 20-50%
• Lead operational excellence initiatives to optimize HR performance
• Manage within HR budget
• Establish and maintain strong working relationship with the union; manage grievances/arbitration process and work through all labor issues and initiatives.
• Maintain union free status at the non-union locations and promote a positive employee relations environment
• Administration of HR programs to ensure compliance with all employment related laws (EEO, OFCCP, FMLA, ADA, ADEA, NLRA, ERISA, etc.) in the US and around the world
• Bachelors degree required; Masters degree preferred
• Minimum of 10 years of practical experience in Human Resources
• Prior experience leading a global HR function and strategy
• Comprehensive knowledge of HR practices - recruitment/staffing, employee relations, compensation & benefits, leadership, organizational development, and training & development
• An ability to influence senior executives, establish and maintain partnerships, and provide thought leadership
• Lead staffing efforts to ensure that the recruiting, assessment, and selection of talent are meeting business objectives and requirements in a timely manner
• Develop and lead the implementation of projects in a fast paced, challenging environment with multiple, competing priorities
• Ability to architect and implement large changes and to maneuver easily between conception and operation
• Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class.