Automation Engineer at GlaxoSmithKline
Posted in Engineering 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Helena, Montana
Position Title: Automation Engineer
Working Location: Montana
Employment Status: Full time
Required Experience: 1 year
Required Education: Bachelors
Travel Required: 0%
The Automation Engineer participates in the technical aspects of process automation systems, low voltage systems, and PLC controls. Responsibilities include coordination of suppliers, commissioning, and IQ/OQ for new projects and upgrading/modifying existing systems. Since the automation control system is only a part of the facility, the Automation Discipline Engineer is required to coordinate efforts with other members of local and global teams.
Environment Health & Safety: The Automation Discipline Engineer ensures system compliance with GSK Bio-Hamilton safety and environmental guidelines.
Quality & Compliance: The Automation Discipline Engineer ensures system compliance with GSK Bio-Hamilton and cGMP requirements and specifications.
Continuous Improvement: The Automation Discipline Engineer seeks to improve system efficiency and effectiveness.
Accountability: The Automation Discipline Engineer is accountable to comply with GSK Bio-Hamilton SOP’s, GSK Bio GSOP’s, GSK policies, and regulatory requirements.
• Key Responsibilities include the following:
• Process automation programming, troubleshooting, and qualification.
• Supports production in investigations and troubleshooting.
• Authors qualification protocols as required.
• Provide budgetary estimates for proposed automation systems and upgrades.
• Establish plans for system execution and installation.
• Interface with vendors and sub-contractors.
• Performs triennial SOP reviews as required.
• Performs gap analysis of local SOPs against GQPs and GQMPs.
• Other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
• Bachelors in engineering or a technical field
• At least 1-3 years of instrumentation/automation/control systems experience
• Prior experience leading the design, programming, start-up, and troubleshooting of process control instrument including PLC systems.
• Prior experience in the design, programming, start-up, and troubleshooting of process control instrumentation including PLC and SCADA systems.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class.