Order Selector in Fargo at SUPERVALU Inc
Posted in Admin - Clerical 13 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Fargo, North Dakota
Performs order selection duties. Builds stable loads on wooden pallets. Uses provided product information to ensure correct selection. Major order selector responsibilities include speed of selection, accuracy of selection and safety. Replenished (relocates) product to pick slots. Equipment operated: manual and electric pallet jack
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Open positions are in either our Fresh or Frozen warehouses. Must be willing to work in a cold environment. SUPERVALU provides you with proper clothing for work.
- Must be able to use voice controlled headset for receiving orders verbally.
- Continual lifting of 2-3 cases per minute which equals about 200 cases per hour. Most cases can weigh between 3 - 70 lbs. Some cases as high as 100 lbs.
- Must be able to handle packaged Pork.
- We have a no-fault attendance policy.
- Must join the union after 30 days.
- Must be available for nights, holidays and weekends as the shifts vary.
- Must be 18 years of age due to equipment operation. High school diploma or equivalent desired. Minimum one year warehousing or retail supermarket experience desired. Minimum one year experience as a shipping, receiving, or stock clerk highly desirable.
- Excellent human relations skills required. Forklift and pallet jack operation experience desirable. Proven ability to match and reference numbers with speed and accuracy required. Good attention to detail, time management, and special judgement required. Demonstrated ability to perform the physical requirements listed below.
- Frequent bending, stooping, and lifting up to 80 lbs. required. Job duties require handling cases of product from various positions including reaching above head. Ability to work in temperatures ranging from -10 to 80 degrees required. Manual dexterity required. Steady work pace required due to production requirements. Must be 18 years of age due to equipment operations.
Why Work for SUPERVALU?
As one of the largest grocery wholesalers and retailers in the United States, SUPERVALU is dedicated to feeding our communities by providing innovative, customer-centric solutions. We deliver on that promise every day through a strong network of 30,000 talented employees who supply the best national brands and our own high-quality and affordable private label products to thousands of customers, and millions of consumers, nationwide. With a wide variety of services and industry leading expertise, SUPERVALU offers you the opportunity to shape the food industry through every stage of your career.
A GREAT PLACE TO GROW!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status. SUPERVALU is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.