Sr Platform Design Systems Engineer at Flex
Posted in Engineering 15 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Austin, Texas
Flex is a leading sketch-to-scale™ solutions company that designs and builds intelligent products for a connected world. With more than 200,000 professionals across 30 countries and a promise to help make the world Live Smarter™, the company provides innovative design, engineering, manufacturing, real-time supply chain insight and logistics services to companies of all sizes in various industries and end-markets. For more information please visit our careers page at www.flex.com.
Industry: Electrical / Electronic Manufacturing
Type: Public Company
Headquarters: 2 Changi South Lane, Singapore, 486123
Company Size: 10,001+ employees
The Sr Platform Design Systems Engineer will be based in Austin, TX and will be responsible for designing, defining, and implementing hardware systems for complex customer systems/products. This is an important senior role, and an opportunity to work on cutting edge technologies in a fast-paced environment.
We are looking for someone who demonstrates:
- Intense collaboration
- Passionate customer focus
- Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
- Relentless drive to win
Here is a glimpse of what you’ll do…
- Responsible for hardware design of systems and subsystems, and integration of total system as a product solution.
- Designs and qualifies hardware building blocks and reference platforms based on product roadmap and customer requirements.
- Determines system specifications, input/output processes and working parameters for hardware platforms.
- Identifies, analyzes and resolves hardware technical issues in support of product sustaining efforts.
- Ability to serve as lead project design engineer for complex development projects. Ensures engineering process conformance for these projects.
- Responsible for systems level development and testing requirements.
- Supports pre-sales and customer proposal activities by providing technical feasibility and scoping information, and interfacing with customer technical personnel.
- Provides input regarding technical activities to the EPM for the project engineering planning and execution activities.
- Provides technical interface to customers during product development calls and meetings. Responds to customer inquiries concerning complex system technical questions.
- Provides complex technical support for sales presentations, product demonstrations, installation and maintenance of company products to ensure that the system is functioning according to specifications.
- Provides technical direction, as required, for the implementation of industry regulations and best practices as they apply to product/systems.
- Approves test plans and test reports.
- Develops and/or approves engineering release documentation.
- Provides technical input to suppliers as related to system development and integration.
Here is some of what you’ll need (required)…
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering.
- 9+ year’s industry experience.
- Proven hardware development experience, including electrical and mechanical design.
- Design experience with server, storage, and/or data communication equipment.
- Understanding of Intel chipsets and processors.
- Familiarity with some or all of the following Server and Storage platform interfaces & technologies: x86, UPI, DDR4 SDRAM, PCIe, 10GbE, RGMII, MDI, USB, NVMe, SAS, SATA, NTB, eSPI, SMBus, PECI, XDP
Here are a few examples of what you’ll get for the great work you provide…
- Full range of medical benefits, dental, vision
- Life Insurance
- Matching 401K
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee discounts at local retailers
Job CategoryDesign, Process & Technology EngineeringFlex does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. Flex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Flex does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. Flex provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Flex will be reviewed at the e-mail address. Flex will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with Flex.
The information we collect:
We may collect personal information that you choose to submit to us through the Website or otherwise provide to us. This may include your contact details; information provided in online questionnaires, feedback forms, or applications for employment; and information you provide such as CV/Resume. We will use your information for legitimate business purposes such as responding to comments or queries or answering questions; progressing applications for employment; allowing you to choose to share web content with others or; where you represent one of our customers or suppliers, administering the business relationship with that customer or supplier.