Senior Engineer Full Stack at Cognizant
Posted in Information Technology 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
The Fullstack Developer will be responsible for developing new features and extending existing features. The developer will also be required to understand all aspect of our platform including frontend and backend technologies; develop high quality code, perform code reviews, write unit tests, and conform to the latest best practices.
- 1-5+ year’s professional experience in Software Development
- Knowledge of the cloud and deployment expectations and complexities. Developers should be capable of deploying application ‘bits’ to AWS or other similar cloud environment.
- DevOps promotes the collapse of different functions into one; QA, IT, Dev etc. As a result, each developer will have a working knowledge of Ruby, Linux OS commands and be equally comfortable at the command line as they are in the IDE.
- Good foundational knowledge in a language such as Java will translate to Go when the syntax of the language is understood
- Core Java, Spring Boot, Webservices, REST, Angular, NodeJS, ReactJS
- Use TDD to demonstrate functioning code that meets requirements
- Work closely with other developers as part of a team or minimally, in a paired environment for 8 hours each day
- Communicate and articulate technical vision while understanding business requirements
- Deploy application ‘bits’ to AWS or other similar cloud environment
- Strong understanding of programming patterns is important and required. The ideal candidate will know the Go programming language but where this skill is lacking, a deep understanding of programming patterns and demonstrable knowledge of Java will suffice
- Working knowledge of Spring, Java and Bash. Experience with system administration, UNIX, process management, deployment technologies.
- Candidates will be agile practitioners, having achieved proficiency in agile methodologies through years of experimentation and learning. A demonstration of more than just the basics is required to be successful. Candidates should demonstrate a deep experience participating in standups/daily scrums, planning meetings, iteration retrospectives etc.
- Open source participation and knowledge is important. Cloud Foundry is an open source technology and a strong understanding of what it means to work in open source is required.
· 1-5+ year’s professional experience in Software Development
Experience designing, implementing and using RESTful Web Services in a Microservice Architecture.
Experience and a very good understanding of the Node.JS ecosystem.
Experience translating design mockups and prototypes into working application designs.
Experience with responsive web application design (Bootstrap).
Familiarity with scripting languages such PowerShell or Unix shell scripting.
Experience with Agile Frameworks such as Scrum or Kanban.
Experience with TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Automated Testing.
Motivated to drive tasks to completion and take ownership of projects.
Ability to work in a fast paced and agile development environment.
BS/MS in Computer Science/Computer Engineering (or equivalent experience)
Cognizant is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant, a member of the NASDAQ-100, is ranked 205 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us on Twitter:USJobsCognizant.
Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to leverage the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence instilled in them through participation in military service.