PRODUCTION SUPERINTENDENT (DRY END) at Georgia Pacific
Posted in Manufacturing 9 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Talladega, Alabama
Who is Georgia-Pacific?Watch to find out!
PRODUCTION SUPERINTENDENT – Talladega, AL
Have you heard? Georgia-Pacific is opening a new state-of-the art lumber mill in Talladega, Alabama, with an anticipated start date of late 2018. Once in operation, this location will receive about 150 log trucks a day and produce approximately 230 million board-feet of lumber a year with plans to expand beyond that in the future! This is an exciting opportunity to work in a technologically advanced plant.
Georgia-Pacific is seeking two Production Superintendents in our lumber mill in Talladega, AL. One Superintendent will oversee the Green End Department and the other will oversee the Dry End Department. The Production Superintendents will be responsible for leading a wood products production team to work injury-free/incident free in a batch manufacturing environment consistent with management philosophy and framework. The Production Superintendent is also responsible for supporting an approach to optimize the constraining process and machine centers.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Ensure specific department operates effectively and efficiently
- Fully utilize Work Process to develop job plans, track work completion and promote preventive & predictive maintenance
- Facilitate team development and growth, and review and manage performance
- Build employee commitment and ownership, and hold employees accountable
- Identify contributions and missed opportunities
- Drive safety excellence through promoting employee involvement, ownership and accountability to proactively identify hazards and implement the appropriate mitigating strategies based on the risk involved
- Monitor the quality of work and provide direction to team members to maximize efficiency
- Assist with troubleshooting and solving production issues
- Provide safety training to team members
- Complete data entry and generating reports
What You Will Need:
- High school diploma or GED
- Two (2) or more years of supervisory or management experience in an industrial, manufacturing or military environment
- Experience in leading a department or organization in EH&S, Reliability, Production, Cost and Quality Excellence
- Experience in analyzing production data to eliminate waste and foster continuous improvement
- Must have working knowledge and experience with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and ability to learn various PC-based production and operations applications
- Must be able and willing to work a flexible work schedule
- Must be able and willing to work in an industrial manufacturing plant including extended periods of time in noisy, non-air conditioned or unheated areas
- Must be able and willing to work safely, and promote safe work practices
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Industrial, Mechanical, Electrical engineering or a similar discipline
- Supervisory experience in green end operations
- Supervisory experience in dry end operations, planing and shipping
- Experience working with computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS) - SAP, MP2, ActivePlant
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf