Cloud/IoT Developer at Georgia Pacific
Posted in Information Technology 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Cedar Springs, Georgia
Who is Georgia-Pacific?Watch to find out!
Georgia-Pacific (GP) is among the world's leading manufacturers of bath tissue, paper towels, napkins, tableware, paper-based packaging, office papers, cellulose, specialty fibers, nonwoven fabrics, building products and related chemicals. Our building products business makes DensGlass® gypsum board often seen in commercial construction, DryPly® plywood and RESI-MIX® wood adhesives, among others. Our containerboard and packaging business offers high-end graphic packaging to bulk bins as well as Golden Isles fluff pulp. You may also recognize consumer brands like Angel Soft®, Brawny®, and Dixie® on retail shelves and enMotion® towels, Compact® bath tissue and SmartStock® cutlery dispensers when you are away from home. Our GP Harmon business is one of the world's largest recyclers of paper, metal and plastics. As a Koch Company, we create long-term value using resources efficiently to provide innovative products and solutions that meet the needs of customers and society, while operating in a manner that is environmentally and socially responsible, and economically sound. Headquartered in Atlanta, GA., we employ approximately 35,000 people.
For more information, visit www.gp.com.
To learn more about our culture, Market-Based Management (MBM®), click here:
Candidate must reside at one of GP’s southern mill facilities:
Mississippi - Monticello, New Augusta
Alabama - Perdue Hill, Brewton
Tennessee – Memphis
Georgia - Cedar Springs, Brunswick
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
As a Digital Transformation Analyst for GP, you will spend your time in the following areas:
- Researching, piloting, and implementing technology driven solutions for GP's large manufacturing environment.
Leverage new technology to gain valuable insights into our manufacturing data and drive actionable results.
Test and trial IIOT (Industrial Internet of Things) and AR (Augmented Reality) hardware in a large manufacturing environment.
Focus on data acquisition, data integration and transformation, and distribution of data across the business.
Inject innovative ideas to influence a growing data driven culture.
Utilize application management best practices and data warehousing architectures to drive value and improve operational efficiencies.
- Work with stakeholders to identify future system opportunities and enhancements.
A strong performer in this role will effectively apply our culture and MBM® management philosophy to excel at:
Leveraging common cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure and AWS to deliver preventive and predictive maintenance solutions.
- Understanding data flows from distributed control systems, OPC, and process data historians.
- Experience with application containerization such as Docker.
- Ability to research, learn, and innovate with new technologies fast.
- Proven ability to leverage technology solutions to optimize manufacturing processes.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, agile IT environment.
- Development experience with Node-Red, Node.js
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor's degree or technical equivalent.
- At least 2 years experience in Cloud computing platforms such as AWS or Azure.
- At least 2 years experience in sensor hardware such as industrial PCs, SCADA systems (e.g. Wonderware), PLCs (e.g., Allen-Bradley), devices such as Raspberry Pi or BeagleBone; and, IoT gateways from such suppliers as Kepware, Intel, Cisco, and Schneider/Wonderware.
- Strong understanding of algorithms, advanced data structures, and machine learning.
- Strong understanding of M2M (Machine-to-Machine) communication protocols such as MQTT.
- Willingness to travel up to 50% to North American facilities and corporate HQ in ATL.
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Bachelor's degree in systems or engineering, computer information systems
- Networking background with experience in low power, wide area networks.
- Ability to work in different database technologies including Big Data / Hadoop (HDFS, MapReduce, Hive, Shark, Spark, etc.), RDBMS and NoSQL.
- Experience with IoT technologies and protocols such as Thingworx and MQTT.
- Experience supporting a large manufacturing environment.
Familiarity with the industrial Perdue Security Model
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf