Welder Trainee at Trinity Industries, Inc.
Posted in General Business 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Hager City, Wisconsin
Welding 1801174 Requisition # 14 hours ago Post Date
At Trinity Meyer, we're pioneers in the transmission industry with a strong commitment to reducing the environmental impact of transmission lines. We were the first to use steel for tubular transmission poles and full-scale vertical testing, and the first to develop wood-equivalent steel poles. In addition to that, our engineering solutions for voltages up to 765kV are designed with our proprietary software and have been validated through years of comprehensive, full-scale structural testing.
As a Welder at Trinity Industries, you'll use jigs/holding fixtures to lay out pieces to be welded according to blueprints, layouts, schematics, or work orders. You'll then use manual/semi-automatic/automatic welding equipment to join, surface, fabricate, and repair parts of metal or other weldable materials.
The Welder also inspects completed work for conformance to specifications and performs minor maintenance to equipment.
2nd Shift: 2:45PM - 10:45PM
3rd Shift: 10:45PM - 6:45AM
What you'll do:
- Weld clips and hardware
- Perform full penetration (such as slip joint) welds to weld ends to poles or channels
- Perform basic repairs
- Operate grinding equipment
- May lay out and mark weld points on parts or subassemblies
- May position pieces to be welded into jigs, holding fixtures, guides, and steps using measuring instruments and hand tools in accordance with layouts, work orders, blueprints, schematics, and sketches.
- May inspect completed work for conformance to specifications
- Observe all standard safety practices
- Maintain and complete all required records
- Follow all safety rules and practices
- May be involved in safety committees or initiatives
- Perform other duties as assigned
What you'll need:
- No Experience as a welder needed