Industrial Mechanic at Trinity Industries, Inc.
Posted in General Business 15 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Hager City, Wisconsin
Maintenance 1801244 Requisition # 14 hours ago Post Date
Trinity Meyer Utility Structures, is searching for an Industrial Mechanic in our Hager City , WI plant. As an Industrial Mechanic at Trinity, you'll use blueprints, schematics, small/power tools, and electronic test equipment to perform a variety of maintenance tasks. You'll determine causes of operating problems in areas including, but not limited to, plumbing, electrical systems/components, HVAC, carpentry, electrical fixtures/switches/power sources, and mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic equipment.
At Trinity Meyer, we're pioneers in the transmission industry with a strong commitment to reducing the environmental impact of transmission lines. We were the first to use steel for tubular transmission poles and full-scale vertical testing, and the first to develop wood-equivalent steel poles. In addition to that, our engineering solutions for voltages up to 765kV are designed with our proprietary software and have been validated through years of comprehensive, full-scale structural testing.
We are hiring for 3rd shifts.
3rd Shift: M-F 10:45PM - 6:45AM
What you'll do:
- Perform basic preventive maintenance and repairs on production equipment such as motors, conveyers, mechanical components, or electrical wiring and electrical components for production equipment
- Determine causes of operating problems, consult schematics and order replacement parts
- Perform high voltage electrical repairs (e.g. controls, relays)
- Install and repair electrical systems, apparatus, and electrical and electronic components of industrial machinery and equipment, following electrical code, manuals, schematic diagrams, blueprints, and other specifications using electrical and electronic test equipment
- Lay out, build, test, troubleshoot, repair, and modify production electronic components, parts, switch panels etc.
- May test new equipment and troubleshoot operation and make minor adjustments to equipment
- Maintain and complete all required records
- Follow all safety rules and practices
- May be involved in safety committees or initiatives
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Knowledge and experience with hydraulics is a plus.
What you'll need:
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum of 3 years of industrial maintenance experience
- Experience with 480 volt 3 phase power
- Strong knowledge of responsibilities listed above: Preventive Maintenance & Troubleshooting
- Applicants outside of maintenance must score higher than 50% on the Machine Maintenance Knowledge test
- Previous experience within heavy industrial environment
- Ability to follow specifications and read hydraulic and pneumatic schematics
- Ability to read and understand machine drawings and manuals
- Good understanding of basic mechanical components including bearings, gears, hydraulics, and pneumatics
- Experience with assembly of close tolerance equipment and use of micrometers, etc.
- Outside applicants will be required to take a math test
- Ability to communicate effectively on all levels