QA Manager at Trinity Industries, Inc.
Posted in General Business 9 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Newton, Iowa
Technical Spec/Skilled Trade 1801136 Requisition # 17 hours ago Post Date
Trinity Structural Towers is searching for a talented team player to fill the open position of Quality Manager in our Newton, Iowa facility.
In this role you will lead the Quality organization to ensure the following requirements within all areas of the plant.
- Process adherence.
- Product conformity.
- Accurate and complete documented information.
- Continual improvement, aligned with our lean journey and problem solving focus.
- 1st level people Manager.
- Supervises the daily activities of these non-exempt and hourly employees:
- Shift Quality Leads and Supervisors
- QA Inspectors
- QA Administrators for customer and product specific quality records
- ISO Coordinator, Document Controller and Auditor
- Calibration Specialist
- Develop skills and capabilities of the quality department personnel.
- Implement comprehensive and effective internal audits that are aligned with business unit and corporate requirements.
- Drive root cause analysis and corrective action.
- Improve weekly and monthly KPI (key process indicator) results.
- Lead the effort in preventing minor and major audit findings.
- Monitor and improve the Safety, Quality, Delivery (Schedule Adherence), and Cost for the Quality Department.
- Collaborate with other plant quality managers to develop best practices.
- Host customer auditors and ensure productive working relationships.
The Trinity Quality Management System is ISO 9001 certified. Key processes are based on industry standards and operational best practices:
- AWS (American Welding Society)
- Weld inspection, based on AWS D1.1 Structural Welding Code for Steel.
- NACE (National Association of Corrosion Engineers)
- SSPC (The Society of Protective Coatings)
- Blasting and Coating Inspection
- Mechanical and Electrical Assembly Inspection
- FIFO and Materials Control
- 8D Problem Solving
- Lean Manufacturing
- Six Sigma
- 4 year Technical, Industrial or Engineering Degree
- Demonstrated success as Quality Supervisor/Manager
- ASQ Certified Quality Technician/Engineer is Preferred
- Ability to travel up to 10%