Cost Estimating Specialist at Trinity Industries, Inc.
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Dallas, Texas
Production Operations 1800925 Requisition # 18 hours ago Post Date
TrinityRail is searching for a Cost Estimating Specialist to work in the Dallas, Texas office. This individual will prepare cost estimates of Railcars, both freight and Tank. Analyze engineering specifications and customer requirements to produce both generalized (Base) car pricing as well as firm fixed pricing. Serve as a pivotal point between engineering/sales/purchasing/pricing/customer service.
What you'll be doing:
- Interpret spec sheets (engineering specification) and drawings.
- Determine required manufacturing equipment and processing.
- Work with operations to obtain labor hours and standards.
- Obtain and maintain current pricing and costing of raw and specialty materials.
- Work with sales to understand priorities of quotes or estimates to provide to our customers.
- Work with supply chain and accounting to maintain surcharge rebate and freight costs.
- Answer customer service questions as needed.
- Determine appropriate change analysis and costs associated.
- Work with operations and production planning to determine timeliness of delivery and feasibility of changes.
What you'll need:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Ability to accurately interpret technical drawings and specifications.
- Efficient PC or mainframe skills for RFQ processing.
- Engineering or heavy manufacturing training or experience.