Buyer at Trinity Industries, Inc.
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Dallas, Texas
Logistics Supply Chain 1800835 Requisition # 18 hours ago Post Date
TrinityRail is looking for a Buyer to manage procurement for direct materials to support all Trinity Products facilities. This includes both freight and tank car OEM and support of TRMS facilities as needed. This role is critical in the managing the scalability of the TrintyRail Supply Chain. The chosen candidate will be involved in supplier management, make vs buy, supporting vendor -managed-inventory (VMI) solutions and plays an important role in driving cost improvement across the commodity and Trinity enterprise.
What you'll be doing:
- Ensure adherence of purchased materials and products to Company and regulatory standards, and support the manufacturing schedule across multiple Trinity manufacturing sites.
- Enters purchasing information in an automated purchase system as well as processes invoices, debits and credits and manages all buying related messages to expedite, de-expedite, and cancel orders in a timely manner.
- Consults with manufacturing staff to evaluate purchased products, reschedule orders, determine new procurement requirements and resolve invoicing and shipment issues.
- Resolves issues with suppliers about discrepancies in price, terms, returns, supply or quality by renegotiating price, replacement or back charges.
- Monitors inventory for appropriate balance between adequate and over-supply.
- Obtains quotations when applicable, places orders and arranges shipment and transfer of materials.
- Has capabilities and ambition to be more than just a transactional and tactical buyer
What you'll need:
- B.B.A. - Business, Finance, Logistics, Supply Chain strongly preferred or any equivalent combination of experience
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Bilingual skills strongly preferred
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Advanced computer literacy with Excel, Word, PowerPoint required
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment necessary to be successful
- Ability to work in a team environment across all levels of the organization is essential