Production Technician at Georgia Pacific
Posted in Manufacturing 15 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Halsey, Oregon
Who is Georgia-Pacific?Watch to find out!
Production Technician – Halsey, OR
“Innovation is facilitated by having the right people in the
right roles with the right skills and values.''
- Charles Koch, Koch Industries Chairman and CEO
Start your career as a Production Technician at our Halsey, OR facility.
At Georgia-Pacific, we don’t believe that a job is just simply a job. We see each role as a career and a way to advance your knowledge and expertise to not only better your life, but your community as a whole. If you are someone who wants to work for a company that will value your skills and ideas, then we have the perfect opportunity for you!
This entry level position starts with an hourly rate of $18.00 per hour with a competitive benefits package.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Learning multiple operator functions in order to operate equipment to expected performance levels
- Installing, maintaining and troubleshooting machinery and equipment
- Utilizing computer systems and databases to search safety procedures
- Driving forklifts to move material throughout the work site
- Working as a team to help meet or exceed production, waste and quality goals
- Performing mechanical tasks and routine preventative maintenance on equipment
- Cleaning the work area throughout shift to ensure an orderly and safe environment
What You Will Need:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience utilizing computer systems and/or computers
- Willing and able to work in a hot, humid, cold, and noisy industrial environment
- Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for up to twelve (12) hours a day
- Willing and able to work a rotating twelve (12) hour shift that includes weekends, holidays and overtime
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment
- Willing and able to lift at least 40 pounds
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Two (2) or more years of experience in an industrial or manufacturing environment
- Two (2) or more years of experience in the pulp and paper industry
- One (1) or more years of experience in maintenance or reliability
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Our Georgia-Pacific Consumer Products facility in Halsey, OR (www.gp.com/Products/Products-Overview) produces Quilted Northern Ultra Plush ® and private label paper towels and bathroom tissue. Georgia-Pacific is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of bath tissue, paper towels, facial tissue and napkins.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf