HVC Technician - 9148 at EmpirecatP
Posted in Manufacturing 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Mesa, Arizona
Requisition #: 9148
Shift : 2
Start Time : 2:00 pm
End Time : 10:30 pm
Schedule Days : Monday - Friday
Position Status: Temp Agency
Perform HVC/HVOF thermal spray operations as required. Perform all basic measuring, grinding, masking, coating, and straightening operations. Inspect incoming work and complete related paperwork. Safely operate: lathes, grinders, straightening press, grit blasting booth, and related thermal spray equipment. Safely perform the chrome removal process. Apply HVOF coating and grind or polish as required. Straighten rods in the press to within manufacture’s tolerance. Perform equipment maintenance and utilize micrometers to inspect components. Work safely at all times. Adhere to all applicable safety policies. Comply with all company policies, procedures and standards.
- Perform all basic measuring, grinding, masking, coating, and straightening operations.
- Inspect incoming work and related paperwork
- Operate Lathes, Grinders, Press and Metal Spray equipment
- Safely perform the chrome removal process
- Accurately apply the HVC spray coating with customer set ups and grind or polish
- Straighten Rods in the Press to within manufactures tolerance
- Perform equipment maintenance
- Operate micrometers
- Work safely at all times. Adhere to all applicable safety policies. Comply with all company policies, procedures and standards.
- Handle incoming customer calls.
- Open and close work orders.
- Complete paperwork associated with the shipping of jobs.
- Locate information on pricing
- Give quotes on jobs
- Set up programming on machines
- Measure and inspect products accurately
- Own and maintain required personal tools needed for maintenance of equipment and performance of job duties
- Must accomplish training and serve as a Green Belt in support of Empire’s Six Sigma program.
- Work within and promote corporate values.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- General machinist skills
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to read prints
- General maintenance skills
- Ability to maintain consistent attendance.
Education and Experience:
- Proof of high school diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Experience running Lathes and Grinders
- Experience in skills such as Indicating, Inspections, and Micrometers.
- Be proficient in MDSI software
- Must be able to communicate (speak, read, comprehend, write) in English.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop and kneel.
- The employee is occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- May be required to operate a forklift with appropriate certification(s).
- This position is designated as a "Safety-Sensitive Position". A Safety-Sensitive Position includes tasks or duties that EMPIRE in good faith believes could affect the safety or health of the employee performing the task or others.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; and outside weather conditions.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, extreme cold, and extreme heat.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually office moderate.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. The roles and objectives of this job do not include setting corporate policy, and does not constitute a managing agent of the company.
Empire is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please call 480-633-5440 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Empire Southwest is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer
Safety - Respect - Integrity - Teamwork - Excellence - Stewardship - Astonishment