General Operator* ∞ at 3M
Posted in Manufacturing 16 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
3M is seeking a General Operator for Aearo Technologies, LLC a 3M Company located in Indianapolis, IN. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
The person hired for the position of General Operator will perform basic entry level duties in a variety of departments for various products manufactured at the Indianapolis EAR facility.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Knows and understands all safety requirements for the department
- Able to stand for long periods of time 8-10 hours
- Person needs to be detail oriented for all work being completed
- Ability to follow a daily production schedule under direction of supervisor or designee
- Keep standards and quality up held by 3M
- Able to perform job duties as needed within different work cells to meet the needs of daily production
- Learn and run any necessary equipment to perform the task at hand
- Identify the correct components that need to be pulled for manufacturing processes
- Ability to perform all quality checks and detect any defects before moving products to next operator
- Label all products being shipped out of the facility according to production orders
- Package products as required by the Bill of Materials for transportation
- Completing tasks given within standard labor time
- Clean area as needed during the work schedule and at the end of shift
- Properly shut down equipment after all work has been completed and/or at the end of the shift
- Perform other duties as assigned
This position may require:
- Weekend work
- Working overtime
- Possess a High School Diploma/GED or higher
- Minimum three (3) months of previous experience in a manufacturing environment
- Minimum six (6) months of previous experience in a manufacturing environment
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Relocation: Is not authorized
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
Qualified applicants will be required to take and pass 3M employment testing as a part of the selection process.
Responsibilities of this position may include direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain "non-U.S. persons" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, "Temporary Residents" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within 3M that may present access to export controlled technical data, 3M must assess employees' U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
The questions asked in this application are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular position. The decision whether or not to file or pursue an export license application is at 3M Company's sole election.
3M is an equal opportunity employer. 3M will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
This posting is for a General Operator position at Aearo Technologies, LLC a 3M Company in Indianapolis. Qualified applications may be considered when General Operator openings occur at Aearo Technologies, LLC a 3M Company in Indianapolis for up to 6 months of the posting of this requisition.
See job description.