Ambulatory Services Representative III - Bariatric Surgery - (FT, 40 hours, Days) (SEIU) at Boston Medical Center
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Boston Medical Center (BMC) is more than a hospital. It´s a network of support and care that touches the lives of hundreds of thousands of people in need each year. It is the largest and busiest provider of trauma and emergency services in New England. Emphasizing community-based care, BMC is committed to providing consistently excellent and accessible health services to all—and is the largest safety-net hospital in New England. The hospital is also the primary teaching affiliate of the nationally ranked Boston University School of Medicine (BUSM) and a founding partner of Boston HealthNet – an integrated health care delivery systems that includes many community health centers. BMC provides a full range of pediatric and adult care services, from primary to family medicine to advanced specialty care.
BMC is also committed to our employees, who are a very important piece to who we are. We pride ourselves in providing equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. BMC will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
The incumbent is responsible for coordinating all the functions and activities related to patient access including, but not limited to: operation room (O.R.) scheduling, front end customer service, patient registration, insurance/coverage verification, appointment scheduling, charge entry, and a variety of administrative duties in support of department (such as coordination of physician credentialing, handling forms, phones, filing, making appointments, photocopying, faxing, mailings, letters, reports, etc).
- Bachelor’s degree plus 1 – 2 years relevant work experience or
- Associates degree plus at least 3 years relevant experience or
- HS/GED with 5+ years relevant experience.
- Excellent English communication skills (oral and written) and interpersonal skills are required to interact with internal and external contacts in a courteous and patient focused manner.
- Demonstrated customer service skills, including the ability to use appropriate judgment, independent thinking and creativity when resolving customer issues.
- Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality of all personal/health sensitive information.·Ability to effectively handle challenging situations and to balance multiple priorities.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint) and web/internet is required. Experience with standard hospital registration & billing systems or ability to learn such systems is also required.