Ambulatory Services Representative III - Bariatric Surgery - (FT, 40 hours, Days) (SEIU) at Boston Medical Center
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
The incumbent is responsible for coordinating all the functions and activities related to patient access including, but not limited to: operation room (O.R.) scheduling, front end customer service, patient registration, insurance/coverage verification, appointment scheduling, charge entry, and a variety of administrative duties in support of department (such as coordination of physician credentialing, handling forms, phones, filing, making appointments, photocopying, faxing, mailings, letters, reports, etc).
- Bachelor’s degree plus 1 – 2 years relevant work experience or
- Associates degree plus at least 3 years relevant experience or
- HS/GED with 5+ years relevant experience.
- Excellent English communication skills (oral and written) and interpersonal skills are required to interact with internal and external contacts in a courteous and patient focused manner.
- Demonstrated customer service skills, including the ability to use appropriate judgment, independent thinking and creativity when resolving customer issues.
- Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality of all personal/health sensitive information.·Ability to effectively handle challenging situations and to balance multiple priorities.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint) and web/internet is required. Experience with standard hospital registration & billing systems or ability to learn such systems is also required.