Posted in Information Technology 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: San Diego, California
Do you want to make a difference? Illumina’s mission is to improve human health by unlocking the power of the genome. If that inspires you, let’s talk. We’ve built a culture fueled by innovation, collaboration and openness, and established ourselves as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies. Our people and our technology change lives by driving advancements in life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging markets. Life at Illumina is about working with teammates who are deeply passionate about what we do, because we know that our work has the power to improve lives. We’re an established company with a track record of phenomenal growth. Just check out our investor events and presentations to learn about our financial accomplishments. Our growth isn’t just in financials, we’ve been busy hiring the best and the brightest. Perhaps that’s why MIT has ranked Illumina near the top of its World’s Smartest Companies each of the last three years. If you thrive in a brilliant, fast-paced, and mission-driven environment, Illumina is the place for you. Join the journey of a lifetime. Join Illumina.
This position will require the candidate to perform SaaS/Cloud and web application testing using both automated and manual testing techniques.
The successful candidate will display a strong sense of ownership, prioritization, motivation, and attention to detail.
• Develop and execute automated API/UI/Unit tests to enable continuous delivery
• Assist domain test engineers in writing and executing manual tests as needed
• Work with software developers and domain experts in designing, performing, and improving verification tests.
• Work with engineers, scientists, marketing, and project management to deliver commercial and internal SW systems.
• Work collaboratively and effectively in a very fast paced environment.
• 3+ years’ in-depth experience working in Software Quality Engineering/Assurance and/or other areas of the SDLC to test SaaS/Cloud and web applications, both front and back end
• Experience authoring automated API/web tests using frameworks/tools, such as Ready! API, TestComplete, REST assured, Selenium, Protractor
• Familiarity with API, web services, and SaaS/cloud testing
• Familiarity of the underlying architecture of multi-tiered browser-based applications
• B.S. in a Computer Science, Math, or Engineering related area or equivalent technical experience.
• Understanding of Molecular Biology, Bioinformatics, or related field of biology
• Experience in performance testing, usability testing, and security testing
• Experience working with databases, such as SQL, MySQL or Postgres
• Be curious, detail oriented, and analytical, with a proven ability to learn quickly
• Be customer-focused, team-oriented, and motivated, taking ownership of assigned tasks
• Have proven ability to self-manage, as well as manage interdisciplinary relationships
• Have proven verbal and written communication skills
Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at 858-255-5081. To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf