Specification Control Specialist III at American Honda Motor Co., Inc.
Posted in Drivers 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Dayton, Ohio
The Specification Control Specialist III resolves more challenging and complex part number issues.
• Factory design change review
• Assist with new model planning (PE)
• Review of engineering design changes and coordination of spec control related logs
• Provide support to other SPPC groups with design level/application issues, interchangeability and countermeasure support
• Assist in preparation of information and schedules for new model changes
• Review of ITL for new local service parts
• ID of supplier and application information in factory BOM
• Create and maintain initial lists, tracking and status summaries
• Issue and submit documents to request interchangeability, AH masterfile amendments (supersession, discontinuance, establishment of new part numbers, etc.)
• Update and maintain spec control logs, drawing control and requests
• Assist in the writing of processes and procedures for spec control/new model activities
• Interpretation of design changes issued from Honda factories for their application/impact to service parts
• Issuance of paperwork for changes
• Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent experience
• 6-8 years of work experience including 4-6 years of Auto Industry or Procurement/Spec Experience
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (including Microsoft Project)
• Strong Planning & Organizational Skills
American Honda Motor Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor.