Transportation Planner at Henkel Corporation
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Stamford, Connecticut
Henkel´s Laundry & Home Care brands have been trusted by generations of families. To maintain the trusted quality it takes constant innovation, sound research, cutting-edge product development, smart marketing and sales. Above all, it takes people who share our passion and embrace change. What do you strive for?
The Transportation Planner is responsible for planning and tracking transportation for finished goods, packaging, transfers, DC replenishment, raw materials for all locations. This position reports directly to the Transportation Manager.
What we offer
- Plan, tender and monitor (tracing & tracking) shipments to carriers via TMS and SAP according to department policy/procedure.
- Initiate and maintain transfer/replenishment activity from all warehouses/entities.
- Monitor daily dock appointments to ensure compliance with warehouse work schedules.
- Coordinate and provide shipment information for Customer Service, Deployment, Sales, Production Planners, and Warehouse.
- Schedule customer pick up (Will Calls) and delivery appointments.
- Cross train on other areas to help cover desks as assigned by Manager
- Continual monitoring of the Transportation Management System (TMS) to ensure all loads have picked up and delivered.
- Support Manager as needed.
Who we are looking for
- College degree desirable but not required
- Prior experience within the transportation industry desirable but not required
- Advanced knowledge and high proficiency using PC based applications, specifically Excel, is required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Apply online if this sounds like your next challenge. Refer to the job ID mentioned above and get one step closer to starting your new job at Henkel.
Discover our winning culture: www.henkel.com/career