Engineer, Product Development at Capsugel, US LLC
Posted in Engineering 11 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Bend, Oregon
At Lonza, we invest in great people. We encourage our employees to challenge themselves and we offer an environment that fosters creativity and success. Headquartered in Basel, Switzerland, we operate production, R&D, and business sites around the world, including Europe, North America, and Asia.
We strive to be the leading supplier using science and technology to improve the quality of life.
We work with passion, using advanced technologies, to transform life science into new possibilities for our customers.
Do you want to help us as we shape the future of this great organization?
Job Description Summary
Lonza Pharma & Biotech has an opportunity for an Engineer, Product Development at their Bend, OR location (formerly Bend Research).
As an Engineer, Product Development, you will be responsible for the research and development of pharmaceutical and drug delivery products in collaboration with internal and client project teams. This involves designing and conducting experiments, analyzing data and presenting results, and using knowledge of engineering fundamentals to develop and scale-up pharmaceutical processes.
Successful candidates must be able to learn quickly and work independently in a fast-paced environment.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Understand and apply chemical and engineering fundamentals including chemistry, materials science, heat and mass transfer, fluid mechanics, thermodynamics, conservation of mass and energy, and basic mathematical modeling
- Design and perform laboratory studies for development of new products, including the setup and operation of process equipment from benchtop to pilot plant scales
- Interpret analytical testing results to guide formulation and process selection
- Effectively communicate timelines and experimental results to internal teams and/or clients
- Prepare written documents such as standard operating procedures, memos, and reports
- Develop safety procedures to be employed by workers operating equipment or working in close proximity
- Develop user requirements for equipment and support installation and commissioning activities
- Evaluate pharmaceutical equipment and processes to optimize performance or to ensure compliance with safety and/or environmental regulations
- Support manufacturing activities that meet standards for Current Good Manufacturing Practice (CGMP)
- Troubleshoot problems with pharmaceutical manufacturing processes
- Operate under a moderate level of guidance and direction
- Requires a minimum of a BS in Chemical Engineering. Degrees in Bioengineering, Materials Science and Engineering, Petroleum Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering will also be considered
- Prior experience in a research lab is desired
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Lonza. The place to Go, Stay and Grow.