Personal Care Nurse Aide at Blanchard Valley Regional Health Center
Posted in Health Care 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by Careerbuilder
Location: Findlay, OhioJob Description:
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
Personal Care Aide- The aide is responsible for the provision of personal care and homemaker services for clients in home settings. A plan of care, developed by a licensed nurse, will direct the services to be provided by the aide. The aide will work under the direction of the licensed nurse and the manager.
Personal Care Services Companion- The companion is assigned light housekeeping and companion responsibilities for clients in home settings. A plan of care, developed by a licensed nurse, will direct the services to be provided by the companion. The companion will work under the direction of the nurse and the manager.
- Must hold a current driver's license.
- Have completed a Nurse Aide training course or the equivalent.
- Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/department.
- The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the area's policies and procedures.
This position requires a full range of body motion with intermittent walking, lifting, bending, climbing, squatting, kneeling, twisting, sitting, and standing. The associate will be required to walk up to 1 hour a day, sit for 4 hours a day, and stand for 2 hours a day. The individual must be able to lift 50 pounds and reach work above the shoulder. The individual must have good eye/hand coordination, and fine finger dexterity. This associate must have excellent verbal communication skills to perform daily tasks. The associate must have corrected vision and hearing in the normal range.
This position is classified at risk for possible occupational exposure to blood borne pathogens (HBV, HIV, etc.)