Director of Technology at Pennoni
Posted in Consultant 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by Careerbuilder
Location: Philadelphia, PennsylvaniaJob Description:
Pennoni Associates, established in 1966, is a multidiscipline engineering and design consulting firm that provides personalized services and solutions to meet the needs of our diverse clients. Pennoni provides services to local, state, and federal government clients, private, commercial, industrial, and construction clients as well as to other professional firms.
Are you an innovator? Would you call yourself a change agent? Pennoni is in search of a passionate individual who has a deep understanding of the technology requirements of a modern distributed professional firm, but exhibits the drive to innovate and reimagine delivery and support systems to stay relevant.
The Director of Technology, a position reporting to Pennoni’s Chief Innovation Officer, is tasked with collaborating on initiatives to modernize the operations of the department while also supporting new, emerging technologies and innovative business practices as identified by the CIO.
The best qualified candidate will have a wide range of skills and experience consistent with, but not limited to:
- Driving technology strategy in a way that aligns with the broad vision and goals of the organization
- Devising and establishing IT policies, practices, and systems
- Ability to work with the in-house procurement team and directly with vendors for products/services
- Ensure ongoing usability of production servers, desktop computers, peripheral equipment and software within established company standards and guidelines while ensuring optimum equipment performance and longevity
- Operate a service desk that offers outstanding desktop support to staff members
- Creating a documentation of processes, procedures, and tasks
- Acting as a technical lead during mergers and integrations of new companies
- Serving as a thought-leader for defining and gathering business requirements and leading the efforts to turn requirements into high functioning systems
- Leading and developing highly skilled teams as well as highly capable leaders
Why Work With Us?
Pennoni Associates Inc., an ENR Top 500 consulting engineering firm, has been named as one of the Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. According to the results of the surveys, Pennoni has built a great workplace where its employees trust the people they work for, enjoy the people they work with, and take pride in what they do. Our excellent work relationships are strengthened because of our unique ability to anticipate and exceed expectations of our clients by using multi-disciplined engineering, ensuring the continued success of their projects and our firm.
- At least 10 years’ experience working in a high traffic, high availability environment with direct industry experience strongly preferred
- Able to understand security risks, requirements and best industry practices when it comes to implementing secure environments and auditable operating procedures
- Experience with modern Windows OS imaging technologies and techniques
- Experience with on-prem and Azure AD management and concepts
- Experience with Cloud Computing and Virtualization solutions
- A comprehensive understanding of networking (TCP/IP, HTTP/S, VPN, firewalls, etc.
- Experience with VOIP phone systems and related technologies
- Excellent communication skills - interpersonal and organizational - are required
- Able to thoroughly document implementations, modifications and removals
- Responsive, eager, energetic approach to initiatives and tasks
- Ability to build an excellent rapport with other professionals to effectively provide support and resolve issues
- Able to operate with great degree of agility
- Minimum of engineering, science or technology degree OR demonstrated relevant work experience
- Master’s degree strongly preferred
- Previous management of overall systems, inclusive of infrastructure required
- Participation in trade, industry, or professional groups
- Experience presenting technical concepts or content at conferences or internally to leadership