Associate Producer, HuffPost at Yahoo
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: New York, New York
HuffPost is a Pulitzer Prize-winning source of breaking news, video, features, and entertainment, as well as a highly engaged global community for opinion and conversation. The site launched its first international edition in May 2011.
HuffPost is growing its video team to develop content across its mobile and owned and operated platforms. The team is looking for experienced associate producer with a passion for news, strong writing skills and who are quick studies in the art of social video creation.
- Write fast-moving breaking news stories for O&O and social platforms
- Identify and pitch news stories developed for mobile video platforms
- Write strong, sharp and compelling scripts for production
- Work with editors to source the best possible assets for video storytelling and in the editing process
- Monitor the news cycle as well as surface under told stories from around the world and the internet for use in social video content
- Follow the production workflows laid about by the managing producer and head of post-production
- 2+ years of experience writing or producing in a news or media environment
- A strong understanding of visual storytelling and what makes content appeal on social platforms
- Sharp writing skills
- Passion for creating smart, insightful content around news and news adjacent topics
- Ability to perform in a fast paced news driven environment
- Eagerness to learn from seasoned producers and senior producers
* This position is in the WGA-E bargaining unit.
Oath is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or other protected category. Oath is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for all employees during their employment. Please let us know if you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or participate in the application process by contacting us at email@example.com, or call us at 1-866-772-3182.
Submission of this information is voluntary and refusal to provide it will not subject you to any adverse treatment.
Currently work for Oath? Please apply on our internal career site.