Information Security Analyst - Business Continuity at Webster Bank
Posted in Banking 14 days ago.
This job brought to you by Careerbuilder
Location: New Britain, ConnecticutJob Description:
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
This position is responsible for the implementation, oversight, and daily management of the Business Continuity program. This role will work closely with the Disaster Recovery, Record Retention and Crisis and Incident Response team to plan, conduct, and debrief quarterly mock disaster exercises to test the adequacy of existing plans and strategies. He/she will act as a team member for continuity efforts after a major disruption event.
Information Security Analyst
- Directs line of business owners in the development of Business Continuity Plans and Procedures and provides regular status updates to the Business Continuity Steering Committee.
- Coordinates and directs BC/DR team and line of business owners in routine updates to the detailed information supporting the Business Continuity Procedures (e.g., contact lists, personnel assignments, hardware and software specifications, network diagrams, vital records management and inventory lists, off-site back-up schedules, etc.)
- Maintain continued operations, asset protection, and loss mitigation in the event of a disruption, coordinating activities of technology resources with the company's business units and development groups, as required
- Ensures all employees maintain their familiarity with the relevant provisions of the Business Continuity Plans.
- Ensures that all technical components of the Business Continuity Plans are successfully tested at least annually, or whenever significant changes are made to those components.
- Documents the results of all tests and exercises, and identifies any recommended enhancements to the Business Continuity Plans and Procedures.
- Design, development, and documentation of work area (business function) business continuity plans.
- Recommend recovery strategies and options, and assist with the implementation of recovery solutions.
Position may also include duties related to:
- Facilitates development of emergency management plans for recovery decision making and communications, continuity of critical departmental processes, or temporary shut-down of non-critical departments to ensure continuity of operations and governance principles.
- Document and track Information Security incidents
- Plans and coordinates quarterly simulation exercises, involving all critical business units.
- Provide assistance in the transportation of boxed documents from departments to Iron Mountain for storage; organize and number boxes; maintain inventory in storage.
- Provide post-scanning quality assurance to ensure batches are complete, accurate, and of a high quality.
- Maintain files of official recorded documents; file and label documents for permanent storage in the vault; communicate and coordinate needs with departments.
- Ensure documents are archived and properly located; maintain confidentiality.
- Identify, analyze and document the risks associated with Webster's business operations, technology, systems and third parties
- Work on special projects, as assigned.
- Provide timely disaster recovery leadership and direction to supporting departments
- Collaborate with management in developing technical security directions, setting objectives, and setting realistic and challenging goals
- Active participant and advocate for strong teamwork and cross team coordination
- Ability to influence across functions and build collaborative relationships
A) Education -
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, mathematics, engineering or five years of comparable work (preferred)
- Experience in Business Continuity Fundamentals
- Compliance, Audit / Internal Controls experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office; Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
- Project management skills (are a plus)
- Highly analytical and effectively able to troubleshoot and prioritize needs, requirements and other issues.
C) Job Skills / Knowledge:
- Must have effective and demonstrable communication (oral/written) skills, strong communication skills are a must, this role interacts with all level of bank leadership teamwork, and leadership skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritize multiple projects effectively
- Team player, enthusiastic and committed
- Attention to detail and great organizational skills
- Energetic and driven to provide top-notch service
- Unquestioned integrity and personal ethics; willingness to provide feedback in challenging situations
- Strong networking and negotiating skills