Chief Compliance Officer at Webster Bank
Posted in Banking 15 days ago.
This job brought to you by Careerbuilder
Location: Southington, ConnecticutJob Description:
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
The Senior Vice President, Chief Compliance Officer will report to Webster's Chief Risk Officer, and partner with the executive and senior management team, providing oversight and advice, matters related to compliance with banking regulations.
The Chief Compliance Officer is responsible for the design and execution of the bank's Compliance Management Program and related policies, ensuring that Webster's operations are conducted in compliance with the letter and spirit of applicable laws and regulations. The Corporate Compliance department currently has 30 employees. Note that Compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act is overseen by a sister team within the CRO Group.
- BS required; Advanced degree preferred.
- 10 + years of experience in Compliance, Risk Management or related field in financial institutions.
- Certification required: Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM); other risk-related certifications desirable (CIA, CRP, CFE or CAMS).Extensive compliance subject matter expertise and experience in financial services.
- Strong negotiation, influencing, and relationship management skills.
- Action oriented leader with strong managerial and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated effectiveness presenting to Executive Management, Board of Directors and Regulators.
- Strong business acumen. Exceptional problem solving, decision making and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Appreciation and respect for the Webster values.