Associate Universal Banker at Webster Bank
Posted in Banking 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by Careerbuilder
Location: Windsor, ConnecticutJob Description:
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values Webster was founded on. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what sets us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first. Working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
The Associate Universal Banker (AUB) is the face of Webster with consumer/banking center based customers. The position is an all-encompassing role which requires the associate to deliver sales solutions, service and transactions to all customers. The Associate Universal Banker creates a positive customer relationship by effectively communicating a clear understanding of the benefits of Webster's products and services. The Associate Universal Banker will engage in sales and service solution activities and contributes directly to the success of the banking center by recognizing and uncovering opportunities. The AUB will be provided with learning and training opportunities to develop and refine their technical skills and sales competencies.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Utilizes sales techniques to uncover customer needs and match to the bank's products and services; sells a full range of consumer and business products/services such as deposit accounts, loans, credit cards, and safe deposit boxes to meet or exceed established sales goals to support overall sales objectives.
- Maintains operational excellence and superior customer service by accurately and efficiently processing routine banking transactions at a banker work station and servicing customer requests.
- Provides a variety of transactions for customers, including typical consumer transactions i.e., cashes checks and processes checking and savings account withdrawals and balancing duties, etc. while seeking opportunities to develop customer relationships and identify sales opportunities; utilizes basic sales techniques to deepen existing customer/prospect relationships.
- Markets a full range of consumer and small business banking services to existing and potential customers through proactive techniques such as lobby leadership, outbound telemarketing calls, marketing campaigns, or in banking center events.
- Ability to learn Webster's products and services and uses knowledge to identify other cross-sell opportunities and refer existing customers and prospects to Business Banking, Webster Investment Services (WIS), Cash Management, Personal Lending& mortgages and home equity, Private Banking, and/or other Sales Council members.
- Resolve a variety of simple to complex in banking center customer maintenance requests and inquires (i.e. address change, stop payments, research requests, etc.).
- Participates in telemarketing and other banking center calling and marketing initiatives.
- Effectively uses available resources for problem resolution, which may involve analysis of information received from Loan Processing, Deposit Operations, ATM, Reconcilement, Loss Management or Financial Intelligence Unit or other internal Webster departments.
- Maintains compliance with Federal and State regulations as well as adhere to Webster Bank's policies and procedures at all times. Meet/exceed banking center evaluation requirements.
- Provides flexibility of coverage during banking center hours of operation and at other banking centers within the market as needed.
- Other duties as required.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 1-2 years of customer service, sales, call center and/or cash-handling.
- Prior banking experience preferred; needs-based banking sales experience preferred.
- Basic knowledge of small business, mortgages, and lending services a plus
- Self-motivated with a demonstrated aptitude and desire for sales achievement
- Passion for customer service and helping people.
- Ability, motivation and preference to succeed in a goal-driven environment.
- Superior customer relationship building skills.
- Ability to maintain and balance a cash drawer
- Comfortable making outreach calls to consumer or business customers and/or prospects
- Decision-maker with well-developed interpersonal skills
- Comfortable with technology & i.e. smartphones, ipads, online banking, remote deposit capture, ATM deposits, etc
- Basic understanding of personal finances and concept of budgeting
- Good organizational skills
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule Monday through Saturday
- Ability to function in a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong commitment to personal growth, learning and success.
- Ability to interact with customers, partners, vendors and team members in a professional and personable manner
- Detailed oriented and ability to follow established policies and procedures.