CAD Student Internship at Crown Castle
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Canonsburg, Pennsylvania
Crown Castle provides wireless carriers with the infrastructure they need to keep people connected and businesses running. With approximately 40,000 towers and 26,500 miles of fiber supporting small cells, Crown Castle is the nation’s largest provider of shared wireless infrastructure with a significant presence in the top 100 US markets. Crown Castle is an S&P 500 company and one of the largest Real Estate Investment Trusts in the United States with an enterprise value of approximately $44 billion.
Position Title: CAD Intern
Analyze, prepare and ensure quality of CAD drawings (site plans, elevation, base level and level drawings) for tower sites according to CCUSA CAD Standards.
Essential Job Functions
• Create and modify CAD Drawings for new site installations, revise CAD Drawings from field as-built drawings or sketches and create new CAD Drawings for unrecorded or newly acquired sites, according to CCUSA CAD Standards.
• Work closely with Asset Team to resolve issues and discrepancies.
• Communicate effectively with other internal departments regarding information related to CAD drawing change requests.
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Enrolled in an Associates degree in Computer Aided Drafting or equivalent program
Experience/Minimum Requirements No professional engineering/design experience required. Some office work experience preferred.
• Proficient with AutoCAD software
• Ability to read and understand engineering documents
• Ability to analyze photos and field notes to ensure work order accuracy and quality
• Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Knowledge of field measurement standards
• Ability to work independently, with little supervision
• Ability to make decisions when working with ambiguous information
Reports to: Asset Integration Supervisor
Title(s) of direct reports (if applicable): N/A
Working Conditions: Works in a normal office setting with no exposure to adverse environmental conditions.
Additional Information: N/A
Crown Castle is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
See Job Description