Senior Sales Planning Manager at E&J Gallo Winery
Posted in Sales 15 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Modesto , California
Why E. & J. Gallo Winery?
Recognized by Glassdoor as a “Best Place to Work” two years in a row, we couldn’t be prouder of our employees. We are the largest family-owned winery in the world with over 100 brands. We are committed to driving innovation, sustainability, and fostering a culture of collaboration. We look forward to having you join the team! Your Talent & Gallo | A Perfect Pairing
Acts as the primary liaison between Sales and the Business Units. Represents each point of view in an effort to improve the execution of process development, organizational methodology and goal setting/attainment. Ensures continued development of cross- functional relationships among winery organizations to support Sales activities. Works with BUs and Sales to establish agreed upon objectives and priorities for the organization
- Drives the execution of sales planning:
- Leads monthly Pre-Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) preparation including working on issues sheets with marketing in preparation for Business Unit Leadership Team (BULT).
- Provides strategic analysis to Marketing Managers in meetings and phone calls relating to field sales program deployment.
- Assists in development of Yearly Focus Calendar.
- Develops/Implements Channel specific tactics: Right Product/Right Place initiatives.
- Translates BU Initiatives to Sales execution - Scorecard Goals.
- Active in the Planning and Execution of Start, Launch, LMP Mtgs.
- Interaction with all functional teams to achieve BU goals (Sales, Finance, Compliance, Ops, etc.).
- Digital – Keep Sales informed of all things digital for their respective BU.
- Actively participates in monthly demand meetings and provides input relating to field activities which affect forecast.
- Leads coordination and planning efforts between Sales and Business Units:
- Acts as the lead communicator between field Sales, particularly Business Intelligence Managers and Marketing/Business Units.
- Works with BU and Sales to successfully plan and coordinate the following:
- Gridiron Event
- Passport Trip
- General Sales Meeting Arrangements
- Market Blitzes & Surveys
- Monthly Incentive Programs including payments
- Sales Training needs
- Director calls
- Supports the brand planning efforts through the following activities:
- Participates in development of Brand/BU plans.
- Communicates/Translates the BU plans to Field Sales including success metrics.
- Assist Sales to develop enhanced plans to achieve BU objectives – maximize Sales, minimize costs.
- Coordinates implementation of Sales Plans to achieve goals (crew drives, POS/A&P requests, events, etc.).
- Monitor/track Sales Plans to ensure success metrics are achieved.
- Leads new brand/SKU introductions:
- Responsible for overall dissemination of Intro Sales Presentations. Works with BU’s and Sales to enhance specific marketing presentations prior to their release.
- Develop 60 Day/Full Year Sales Forecast based on benchmarks.
- Issue Pricing guidelines –assist in Pricing development.
- Assist in Product set up/eligibility (Flag Flipping).
- Assign/Deploy initial product allocation (RDC’s).
- Work with Field Sales on all aspects for Intro GSM’s including Marketer deployment.
- Develops new product planners, test markets and metrics.
- Consults/develops Test Markets where applicable.
- Collaborates with multiple departments to develop, implement and monitor results with the goal to maximize sales and minimize cost.
- Assumes line management responsibilities as needed.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental and safety regulatory considerations. If accountable for the work of others, responsible for ensuring their understanding and compliance.
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- Support Sales’ culture of Innovation: set and foster a culture of innovation.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future.
- High School Diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate.
- Bachelor’s Degree plus 6 years of winery sales or distributor management experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility OR Master's degree plus 4 years of winery sales or distributor management experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
- Master of Business Administration degree plus 10 years of winery sales or distributor management experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
- 10 years of Gallo Sales/Distributor management experience.
- Certified Specialist of Wine and Certified Specialist of Spirits certification.
- Skilled in statistical analysis and problem solving.
- Knowledge of E. & J. Gallo Strategic Imperatives as outlined by the CEO and the Gallo Executive Leadership Team.
- Experience leading and directing a change process.
- Experience communicating with all levels of an organization.
- Experience obtaining cooperation and maintaining relationships in the pursuit of goals.
- Experience influencing, negotiating and resolving conflicts to reach consensus around common goals.
- Experience making effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management, public groups, and boards of directors.
- Skilled in quickly grasping key business drivers.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (both oral and written).
- Experience successfully leading teams and partnering with other corporate functions to achieve success in a dynamic work environment.
- Experience addressing strategic issues as well as day-to-day operational concerns.
- Experience staffing and developing an organization.
- Leadership/management strength to provide motivational guidance and direction.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, feel, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Equal Opportunity Employer