Posted in Science 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Sidney, Ohio
This position is responsible for collecting, analyzing, and presenting information critical to Quality and Operation teams decision-making. This position will collaborate with other functions and provide support to solve customer and operational issues. Coordinates, communicates and documents activities to ensure consistent, high-quality response to internal/external customer requirements, quality/food safety initiatives, operational compliance issues and overall health of the quality and documentation systems. Responsible for executing quality & food safety procedures and inspections to ensure compliance with company, customer and government requirements.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, climb ladders, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and depth perception. Performs computer keyboarding for data entry on a regular basis. The employee must be able to work 12 hour shifts routinely including weekends. Work shifts can vary depending on staffing needs. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will have occasional exposure to weather conditions. Must be able to wear personal protective equipment- hard hat, eye protection, hearing protection, and steel toed boots. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Routine physical activity including standing, walking, typing, lifting, and climbing.
40% - Conducts routine quantitative and qualitative inspections on raw materials, in-process materials, finished products, processes, & utilizing complex equipment as outlined in the quality assurance plan for the purpose of ensuring food safety, quality & regulatory compliance.
30% - Provides operational support, project support, investigative and troubleshooting assistance. Will be asked to perform moderately complex calculations or execute moderately complex analytical comparisons or experiments.
20% - Assist with product disposition and inventory management activities – including: reviewing expired inventory, development of rework planning and approval process, reconciliation product inventories. Prepares reports and customer facing documents.
5% - Assist in creation and maintenance of Cargill documents for Quality and Food Safety Programs. Maintain document control sytems for purposes of food safety, regulatory and general compliance as well as audit support. Assist in audits,recall/mock recall drills.
5% - Other duties as assigned
If selected for an interview, you will be required to submit signed copies of your last two performance reviews (A completed e-PMP is considered a signed copy).
Relocation assistance will not be provided for this position.
This position is posted internally as well as externally.
• 2+ years experience in food, beverage, or pharmaceutical manufacturing
4 year degree degree in Chemistry, Biology, Food Science or applied science
• 1+ years Basic food safety experience with specific emphasis on Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP), Good Manufacturing Processes (GMPs), labeling, food additives, sanitation, and food microbiology
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds
• Must be able to walk, sit, or stand for extended periods
• Ability to work a 12-hour shift and on weekends
• Ability to manage small projects
• Demonstrated problem solving and decision making skills
• Demonstrated plant manufacturing quality knowledge
• Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Familiarity with standard laboratory procedures & equipment (acids, bases & solvents)
• Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills in English
• Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail
• Able to navigate safely in an industrial environment (e.g., ladders, stairs, stationary and moving industrial equipment)
• Flexibility to work nights, weekends, overtime, holidays and all shifts