Principal Electrical Engineer IV - Analog Power at DRS Technologies
Posted in Engineering 9 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Saint Louis, Missouri
Leonardo DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security. Headquartered in Arlington, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo SpA which employs more than 45,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com.
DRS Sustainment Systems Inc.
DRS Sustainment Systems, Inc. (DRS-SSI) is a Leonardo DRS Line of Business (LOB) headquartered in St. Louis, MO. It is a full service supplier of diversified defense systems, products and support for the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) and other international defense customers. From conceptual design through manufacturing to integrated logistics support, DRS-SSI has a more than 50-year tradition of providing quality systems and products while meeting customer’s demands for innovation, efficiency and quality. The business unit also includes a 100-acre heavy equipment manufacturing facility in West Plains, MO. The performance of DRS-SSI’s St. Louis operation has been recognized by the Government and industrial customers with numerous awards including: Preferred Supplier Certification, Medallion of Service Award, Intelligence and Electronic Warfare Certification of Recognition, and Blue Ribbon Awards. We operate on a 9/80 work schedule.
Job Location – Saint Louis, MO
DRS is seeking a Principal Electrical Engineer with a concentration in Analog design. This position is responsible for developing complex systems capable of controlling analog, digital, and RF signals in defense weapons. This support will be applied to a variety of programs including navigation systems, land systems, communication and control systems as well as other programs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, develop, analyze, document and support testing of military products, systems or subsystems
- Develops high-level and detailed designs consistent with customer requirements and specifications.
- Trouble shoots and diagnoses malfunctions in existing systems and makes recommendations
- Develop prototypes to retire key development risks
- Provide budget, cost and schedule input for design assignments
- Ability to complete a technical project independently and mentor and coach other engineers.
- Responsible for driving technology and completion of activity on time and budget
- Specify and evaluate supplier components, subsystems and services
- Document component and subsystem specifications and material requirements
- Communicate clearly (written and oral) with manufacturing, supply chain, program management and the customer as required
- Provides technical expertise and assistance to other engineers and support personnel
- May mentor and coach the work of others as assigned
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering or related technical field
- 8+ years of analog engineering work experience preferred
- Experience with the design of electrical analog systems and digital circuitry, including circuit design and board layout
- Experience specifying brush and brushless motors.
- Experience interfacing hardware components into a complete spec compliant system.
- Experience designing and maintaining system Interface Control Documents (ICD).
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office tool suite
- Must have the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance and valid passport
Required Skills and Knowledge
- Experience with military EMI/EMC control strategies, techniques and compliance testing a plus.
- Knowledge and understanding of control systems development and characterization
- Knowledge on the development of power electronics systems including power supplies and motor drives with power levels up to 2Kw.
- Knowledge on the design of low level analog and digital circuitry.
- Knowledge on and experience with modeling and simulation applications (experience with LTSpice, Matlab a plus).
- Knowledge using military grade components for cable design. (military grade connectors, shielding, environmental seals, backshells etc.)
- Must be able to determine the hardware compatibility of a system.
- Excellent testing and troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge and significant experience in multiple engineering disciplines
Leonardo DRS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. #LSY