Production Operator at Georgia Pacific
Posted in Manufacturing 11 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Antioch, California
Who is Georgia-Pacific?Watch to find out!
At Georgia-Pacific, we don’t believe that a job is just simply a job. We see each role as a career and a way to advance your knowledge and expertise to not only better your life, but your community as a whole. If you are someone who wants to work for a company that will value your skills and ideas, then we have the perfect opportunity for you.
Start your career as a Production Operator at our Antioch, CA gypsum facility. This an entry level position starting at $18.05 per hour, with a quick progression to $20+ an hour. We also offer a competitive union benefits package.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Ensuring that machines are set up properly and performing optimally
- Troubleshooting and making machine adjustments as needed
- Working as a team to help meet or exceed production, waste, quality and safety goals
- Driving forklifts to move finished wallboard to the warehouse
- Performing basic asset care duties and routine preventative maintenance on equipment
- Cleaning work area throughout assigned shifts to ensure an orderly and safe environment
What You Will Need:
- High school diploma or GED
- Willing and able to work an eight (8) or twelve (12) hour shift to include weekends, holidays and overtime as needed
- Willing and able to work variable start times
- Willing and able to work in a hot, humid, cold, and noisy industrial environment
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment
- Willing and able to lift at least 50 pounds
- Willing and able to work around moving or heavy equipment
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Two (2) years or more of manufacturing experience
- Six (6) months or more of experience within an industrial, manufacturing, production, warehouse, construction, military or farming environment
- One (1) year or more of experience operating a forklift
- Experience identifying, analyzing and troubleshooting quality issues
- Experience working with construction materials, e.g.: lumber, gypsum, plaster, brick, insulation, etc.
- Experience in identifying, leading, developing and implementing process improvement initiatives
Why Work For GP?
A culture that places top priority on integrity and compliance
- Opportunity for career growth at one of the largest, financially stable companies in the world
Encouragement to challenge the status quo and share knowledge
- Responsibilities and rewards based on contributions
Continued company growth due to reinvesting 90% of our earnings
Competitive pay and benefits that help you manage your personal and financial wellness
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
We're part of your everyday life. From the walls of your home to the Dixie® plates on your table, the boxes at your local grocery store or the Quilted Northern® in your bathroom, there's a good chance a Georgia-Pacific product is nearby. We need people like you: People who can help us make life's simple necessities better.
Our Georgia-Pacific Antioch, CA facility (www.gp-gypsum.com) produces a variety of gypsum wallboard products. Georgia-Pacific Building Products division is the No. 1 producer of wood panels, gypsum products and lumber in North America.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf