Posted in Sales 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
Bergstrom Chevy of Madison
We are seeking someone who will be completely responsible and held accountable for executing plans to ensure profitability and meeting specific objectives. Responsible for maintaining a well balanced used vehicle inventory and selling each unit at a maximum gross with minimum expense. Duties also include appraising, reconditioning, displaying, and merchandising the vehicles; which can be accomplished by overseeing the activities of personnel, inventory, repairs, improvements, maintenance, advertising, budget planning, and performance. This is an amazing opportunity for the right candidate and we provide ongoing corporate training programs and individual coaching.
Bergstrom Automotive, Wisconsin's largest automotive dealer, one of the largest in the US and recently recognized by the Best Companies Group as one of the top 10 dealerships to work for in the United States for the fourth consecutive year, is looking to add to its award-winning team!
We offer a comprehensive benefits program, to help protect the health and financial security of you and your family.
At Bergstrom, we try to have fun at work every day and take pride in rewarding our teammates when they excel. We would love to add more positive, upbeat people to our growing team!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Promotes and upholds the 11 Bergstrom Guest Service Basics and Bergstrom Standards.
• Forecasts goals and objectives for sales, gross profits, and key expenses on a monthly and annual basis.
• Hires, motivates, counsels, and monitors the performance of all used-vehicle sales consultants.
• Prepares and administers an annual operating forecast and budget for the used-vehicle sales department.
• Understands, keeps abreast of, and complies with federal, state, and local regulations that affect used-vehicle sales.
• Analyzes guest and member complaints in attempt to identify potential problems.
• Responsible for training and developing necessary skills for Guest Forever Sales Process, Customer Relationship Management Training, telephone skills, SBO through use of personal training plans, enrollment of co-sponsored seminars, and daily involvement.
• Assists sales consultants in processing or completing sales transactions with the guest.
• Directs and schedules the activities of all department team members, ensuring proper staffing at all times.
• Analyzes guest and member complaints in order to identify potential problems.
• Assists individual salespeople in setting aggressive yet realistic monthly goals and objectives and provides them with the support to meet these goals.
• Ensures proper follow up of all potential buyers by developing, implementing, and monitoring a prospecting and sales control system.
• Develops, implements, and monitors a follow-up system for used-vehicle purchasers.
• Maintains vehicle inventory. Monitors guests’ likes and dislikes, lost sales, and dealership sales history and conducts local market analyses to determine which vehicles to stock.
• Processes salesperson commission sheets daily and monitors the payroll records of all used-vehicle salespeople.
• Conducts daily and weekly sales meetings.
• Establishes and enforces product-knowledge standards.
• Oversees the efforts of used-vehicle salespeople to enhance the image and guest satisfaction ratings of the dealership.
• Ensures 100 percent turnover of each customer to F&I.
• Communicates daily with the new-vehicle sales manager regarding units needed for used-vehicle inventory.
• Ensures that used-vehicle salespeople are informed of all new inventory and current advertising efforts, including special sales.
• Studies newspaper ads and any other sources available to find good-quality, low-mileage units.
• Appraises all incoming used vehicles.
• Ensures that cosmetic and mechanical reconditioning is performed within the dealership's cost and time limitations.
• Plans and controls the display of used vehicles.
• Establishes and controls wholesaling activities.
• Establishes delivery procedures and ensures that delivery includes an introduction to the service department and scheduling of the first service appointment.
• Assists in the development of advertising campaigns and other promotions.
• Keeps abreast of auto auction activity and prices and attends auctions on a regular basis.
• Approves all paperwork from auctions and provides proper documentation to the office for purchases.
• Tracks results of auction purchases and compares gross profits of auction vehicles with those of trade-ins.
• Develops and maintains outside sources (wholesalers and retailers) for both buying and selling units.
• Handles guest complaints immediately and according to dealership's guidelines.
• Attends meetings as requested.
• Maintains professional appearance.
Manages the activities of the entire used car department. Is responsible for the overall directions, coordination, and evaluation of the department.
Carries out the supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include (but are not limited to): interviewing, hiring, training, coaching, and developing team members; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding, recognizing and disciplining team members; addressing complaints and resolving problems; striving for and promoting excellent guest service, continuous improvement, and team member involvement.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to negotiate and purchase vehicles from auctions, wholesalers, and guests.
• Must have management and leadership skills and be able to delegate and supervise work.
• Knowledge of applicable local, state, and federal regulations and laws pertaining to the automobile industry.
• Ability to accurately appraise the worth of used vehicles.
• Extensive working knowledge of vehicles.
• Working knowledge of bank and insurance terminology.
• Knowledge of dealership procedures in handling transactions.
• Ability to relate to team members and guests of various backgrounds.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• A college degree and/or related experience and training.
• 3-5 years of managerial experience.
• A thorough insight into automotive systems in general and a working knowledge of service capabilities.
• Automotive sales experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
• A valid drivers license with a reputable record.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Vision with or without the help of corrective eye wear.
• Ability to interact verbally with guest.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Exposure to a noisy environment filled with dust, oils, and various other hazardous and non-hazardous materials.
• Environment filled with distractions and interruptions.
• Work over 40 hours per week.
We take great steps to take care of our guests. We do the same for our Team Members. Bergstrom Automotive offers a comprehensive benefits program, to help protect the health and financial security of you and your family.