General Manager at Bergstrom Corporation
Posted in Management 13 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
Bergstrom Chevrolet of Madison
Assumes responsibility for all teammates in the dealership. Leads everyone towards accomplishing the common goal of becoming the best automotive company to work for in their marketplace. As well, they lead the dealership management team in building a successful and profitable business plan.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Promotes and upholds the 11 Bergstrom Guest Service Basics and Bergstrom Standards.
- Develop an annual financial budget (3% net to gross sales).
- Set and accomplish CSI goals.
- Set market leadership share goals.
- Set ESI goals.
Build a store specific marketing plan.
- Set a course of action with timelines to accomplish goals.
- Lead weekly manager meetings (with agenda distributed at least 24 hours in advance). Help each department manager with Top 5 and plan.
- Monthly-Attend at least one meeting for each of the dealership’s departments.
- Semi-Annually, plan and lead a first class purposeful all team member informative dealership meeting.
- Tour complete facility daily and make sure it is clean, safe, and well maintained.
- Spend at least one hour per morning in the service lane area, and at least one addition hour per day walking in and around the dealership with the team members. Perform daily inspection of the grounds, ensuring a professional appearance in the merchandising and displaying of inventory.
- Respond to any team member requests or questions in a timely manner. Keep a written list of outstanding employee requests.
- Know all team members on a first name basis and address them by name.
- Monitor and communicate to your team department progress against key goals, and use the NCM report to benchmark areas for improvement.
- Read mail daily, including CSI information, incentive information, bills, etc.
- Daily monitor cash flow levels and review inventory levels and receivable levels. Share any concerns with corporate director of finance. Approve bills and sign all checks when practical.
- Plan and attend at least 16 hours per year of personal development training.
- Build an ongoing relationship with manufacturer’s representatives. Attend factory meetings representing the dealership.
- Make a continuous effort to know all products sold. Have in-depth product knowledge of brands represented.
- Handle all guest challenges and requests that have not been resolved on a timely basis by department managers.
- Champion the technology centers—new developments in our business—i.e., the Internet and the business development center.
- Build a consistent immediacy in the sales activities and the dealership process operation. Actively participate in the dealership promotions and relationship building marketing events.
- Keep a written list on your desk of the top five Focus problems that need correction that are holding your dealership back from being the best in the marketplace.
- Implement and lead Guest Forever process in every facet of the dealership.
- Publicly recognize outstanding performances.
- Be there and lead with passion. LET’S REVIEW THE “BE THERE.”
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have management and leadership skills and be able to delegate and supervise work.
- Must have extensive working knowledge of vehicles.
- Must have extensive working knowledge of financial statements, budgeting, and setting action plans.
- Must understand the dealership and how it operates as a whole, as well as each departments operation as an individual unit.
- Ability to relate to team members and guests of various backgrounds.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- College degree and/or related experience in training.
- 3-5 years of managerial experience, preferably in automotive retailing.
- A thorough insight into automotive systems in general.
- Automotive sales experience.
SKILLS and/or ABILITIES
- Ability to interact with guests and team members effectively.
- Excellent verbal and non-verbal communication skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with guests and team members, and to exceed their expectations.
- Ability to handle multiple functions simultaneously.
- Ability to reason, formulate, and implement action plans that will benefit the corporation effectively.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- A valid drivers license with a reputable record.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Vision, with or without the help of corrective eye wear.
- Ability to interact verbally with guests.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work over 40 hours a week.
- Environment filled with distractions and interruptions.
- Exposure to noisy environment filled with dust, oils, and various other hazardous and non-hazardous materials.