RESIDENT DINING HALL SERVICE MANAGER - Bowie State University at Thompson Hospitality Corporation
Posted in Restaurant - Food Service 14 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Bowie, Maryland
The Service Manager is responsible for all front of the house aspects including the layout, cleanliness, appearance and flow of the daily operations. The Service Manager may prepare staffing schedules to ensure appropriate coverage based on anticipated customer flow. In addition, the Service Manager recruits, trains, and counsels all front of house associates.
Client and Customer Satisfaction/Relations
- Ensure customers and clients are treated in a professional and timely manner.
- Ensure a pleasant dining experience.
- Respond quickly to all customer comments and concerns.
- Ensure sufficient levels of food are available and prepared for each meal period.
- Utilize the First In, First Out (FIFO) technique.
- Follow all safety and food handling procedures and regulations.
- Ensure proper food portions are provided.
Business Growth and Marketing
- Ensure proper signage for all food stations.
- Greet customers in a friendly and timely manner.
- Thank customers for their business.
- Encourage repeat business.
- Seek out opportunities to grow the existing customer base.
- Eliminate waste wherever possible.
- Control food and labor costs.
- Eliminate overtime expenses as much as possible.
- Prepare managerial and financial reports in a timely manner.
- Ensure customers are charged the correct amount for their purchases.
Leadership and Managerial Skills
- Encourage the personal and professional growth of associates.
- Provide timely and constructive feedback to direct reports.
- Represent the company in a positive and ethical manner at all times.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.