Billing Specialist – Lake Park Campus at R1 RCM
Posted in Health Care 15 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
R1 is a leading provider of revenue cycle management services and Physician Advisory Services to healthcare providers. We are the largest independent end-to-end revenue cycle provider and have the longest operating history in the revenue cycle industry. R1's objective is to be the one trusted partner to manage revenue so providers and patients can focus on what matters most. Our distinctive operating model and values includes people, processes, and sophisticated integrated technology/analytics that help customers realize sustainable improvements in their operating margins and improve the satisfaction of their patients, physicians, and staff. We are dedicated to transforming the commercial infrastructure and patient experience in healthcare.
Shift: Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm
Set your sights on a role making a real difference in the healthcare system. We're looking for a self-motivated Billing Associate to join our team. We have a relentless focus on driving results for our customers and enabling them to invest more into patient care; in turn, this allows us to continue to grow our company and your career.
The Billing Specialist is responsible for supporting the back end billing function for R1 RCM (R1) customer sites across the United States. Reporting directly to the Billing Supervisor, the primary goal is to ensure maximum revenue for our clients. With strong attention to detail and the ability to think outside the box, the Billing Specialist would be responsible for delivering top services by fixing claim rejection errors, resolving any claim edits, working all relevant billing reports and responding to inquiries from various hospital billing service sources.
Your day to day role will include:
- Review patient accounts ensuring claims are accurate and billable.
- Identify and resolve claim edits and understand billing guidelines and payer requirements.
- Proactively fix claim rejection errors and resubmit claims based on payer requirements. Initiate contact and respond to inquiries from various external sources.
- Comply with all government and third party payers regulatory mandated requirements for billing and collections.
- Answer questions and assist patients in regards to billing issues as needed.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all information under HIPPA guidelines.
- Meet departmental productivity and quality standards in time frame given upon completion of training.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Ability to execute processes efficiently and maintain highest level of quality
- Demonstrates ability to identify and communicate issues
- Computer literacy skills, including Excel spreadsheets and Microsoft Office products
- Enhanced communication and customer service skills
- Ability to be self-directed, coupled with exemplary time management skills and the ability to simultaneously manage multiple tasks
It would be great if you also have:
- Experience and working knowledge of UB-04 claim forms
- Experience with billing editor systems
- Understanding of the entire revenue cycle process
- Knowledge of Revenue and ICD coding language
- 1-2 years of back end revenue cycle experience in a facility and hospital setting
- Knowledge of Medicaid and Medicare billing regulations
R1 RCM (R1) is changing healthcare by infusing operational discipline and proprietary technology in hospital financial processes. We are an industry leader; we are the only independent organization with a comprehensive service and technology offering for hospital revenue cycle management, and we have achieved leading outcomes for our customers.
- A strong financial performing, growing organization that will keep you on your toes with new ideas, changes and opportunities to learn and grow in abundance. A culture of excellence, driving customer success so they can focus on improving patient care and on giving back to the community.
- A Total Rewards package which may include such things as: competitive compensation package, the ability to choose from a comprehensive benefit program mostly funded by R1 that includes medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, commuter benefits, life and disability insurance, along with work life balance programs including paid time off for personal time, illness and volunteering, and we offer a retirement savings plan and continuing training and development and so much more.