Finance Analyst III at Mayo Clinic
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Why Mayo Clinic
You are invited to explore a life-changing career as a Financial Analyst III in Phoenix, Arizona. In this role, you will partner closely with executive physician and administrative management teams to provide advanced analytical, financial, accounting, and compliance expertise. You will have the opportunity to develop critical experience in various clinic and hospital practice departments to understand business services in order to proactively identify opportunities and recommend solutions for increasing financial margins, while preserving Mayo Clinic standards and minimizing financial and legal risks. This is the third in a series of four finance analyst roles in a multi-site, multi-specialty academic medical center
- Assure the integrity of financial and statistical data, via preparation or review of general ledger entries, reports, schedules, worksheets, reconciliations or other analysis
- Effectively communicate and present information to various audiences
- Develop, implement, and maintain programs and tools for financial reporting
- Use reporting tools to develop unique management financial information with significant institutional impact
- Interpret and implement accounting rules, fiscal compliance, policies and regulations
- Develop variable-sensitive business models and/or compliance or fiscal management tools
- Actively participate in decision-making
- Lead and facilitate multi-disciplinary workgroups or projects
- Work independently and manage multiple, complex priorities
The qualified candidate will have a bachelor's degree with an emphasis in Accounting or Finance and six years of applicable experience. Other business related bachelor's degrees require a minimum of nine years of applicable accounting or finance experience. A master's degree in accounting or finance, an MBA, MHA, CPA (active or inactive), CMA or CIA can be substituted for one year experience.
The qualified candidate will have advanced knowledge and experience in the following tools and demonstrated skills:
- Microsoft applications including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Large accounting and/or grant management systems
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills, attention to detail and accuracy
- Manage and prioritize multiple tasks
- Exceptional customer-service skills - anticipating, understanding and addressing customer needs in a timely manner
- Desire to work in independently or in a team environment
- Develop constructive working relationships with others
Education, experience and tenure may be considered along with internal equity when job offers are extended. The minimum salary every 2 weeks is approx $2,777.60, based on a full-time position.
Hours / Pay period
Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm
Mayo Clinic's campuses in Arizona are located in Phoenix and Scottsdale, in the beautiful Sonoran Desert. The region is known as the Valley of the Sun, a metropolitan area with more than 4 million residents in 25 cities and towns.
With Phoenix being the sixth largest city in the nation, this sunny "desert metropolis" offers the amenities of a big city in the midst of a strikingly beautiful, rugged, southwest landscape.
Scottsdale frequently earns praise as a highly desirable place to live. The city's more than 200,000 residents enjoy a vibrant mix of culinary hot spots, arts and entertainment, professional and collegiate sports teams, and community resources. The region's desert climate promotes an outdoor lifestyle with a full complement of sports and recreation.
Job posting number
Equal opportunity employer
Mayo Clinic is an equal opportunity educator and employer (including veterans and persons with disabilities).