Bindery Operator 2 at LSC Communications
Posted in General Business 13 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Set up, adjust and operate a variety of auxiliary binding machines containing several cutting heads, control surfaces or other attachments (i.e. inkjet and mailing devices, case making & decorating equipment, folders, cutters, collators, stitchers, drills, binding/gluing machines and/or set up automatic bindery machines containing multiple functions and station capabilities (power paper cutters, power collators and gatherers, power folders, power speed binder) which can be electro-mechanically combined with other equipment and devices to produce a complete bindery and finishing unit that processes printed sheets into final books, catalogs, manuals, directories, magazines or other completed products. Inspect equipment for safety issues. May operate automatic adhesive binding machines (perfect binders) that contain numerous interrelated process stations that are fed collated sheets or signatures and perform such functions as vibrating, milling, roughening, gluing, covering and delivering or stacking completed books, magazines or catalogs. Make needed adjustments to coordinate the multiple work stations on a single machine. Direct crew though all aspects of production. Monitor quality, output and productivity.
- 5 years experience in a bindery department
- Perfect Binder operator knowledge
- Ability to operate collator, cutter, folder, stitcher, tabber, paper punch, drill, and other equipment related to the bindery operations
- Experience in direct mail bindery production preferred
- Knowledge of procedures for performing bindery operations
- Ability to properly use bindery equipment and supplies
- Ability to read job tickets and prioritize tasks
- Ability to understand and follow detailed oral and written instructions