Hospitalist at Mayo Clinic
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Hospital Internal Medicine
Why Mayo Clinic
You are invited to partner with the nation's best hospital (U.S. News & World Report 2016-2017), ranked #1 in more specialties than any other care provider. Practicing at Mayo Clinic provides a rewarding career that promotes excellence in patient-centered care. You can thrive in an environment that supports innovation and has a wealth of resources available to you - including an integrated EMR and collaboration with top specialists - to give your patients the quality of care you want to achieve.
The Department of Internal Medicine at Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Florida is seeking a board-certified, experienced Hospitalist to join our Division of Hospital Medicine. Ideal qualifications include the following:
- Two or more years of experience in the management of complex hospitalized patient as well as experience with common bedside procedures.
- 2 years' experience as an attending staff member in Hospital Medicine; or one year as a Chief Resident or Fellowship and one year attending staff member.
- Experience in the use of bedside ultrasound for patient assessment and procedures.
- Strong interest in a career in academic hospital medicine with proficiency in education and teaching of medical learners (medical students, residents, and physician extenders).
- Strong interest in clinical research, simulation, and publication.
License or certification
Candidates must be board-certified internal medicine and have demonstrated scholarly activity within the past three years.
Candidates must have 2 years' experience as attending staff in Hospital Medicine; or one year Chief Resident or Fellowship training plus one year Hospitalist Experience.
Jacksonville is the largest city in area in the continental United States. A beautiful coastal Florida city that features excellent year-round climate, over 20 miles of beaches and outstanding outdoor recreational, cultural and family-oriented amenities. The "River City by the Sea" has an excellent school system, reasonable cost of living and a thriving business environment. Medical professionals and patients are drawn to Jacksonville by an extraordinary network of high-profile healthcare facilities. Jacksonville continues to grow as more people relocate from all over the U.S. and abroad, to see what the great River City has to offer!
Physicians & Scientists
Hospital Medicine, Internal Medicine & Subspecialties
Job posting number
Equal opportunity employer
Mayo Clinic is an equal opportunity educator and employer (including veterans and persons with disabilities).