Product Order Engineer at Emerson Electric Co
Posted in Admin - Clerical 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Marshalltown, Iowa
Imagine being surrounded by intelligent, driven, and passionate innovators all working toward the same goal—to create groundbreaking solutions that leave our world in a better place than we found it. Emerson is a global technology and engineering company providing innovative solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production, protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial and Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency, and create sustainable infrastructure. A dynamic environment is what you’ll discover at Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $14.5 billion in sales and 155 manufacturing locations worldwide. Together, we’re changing the world, and we have all the resources to help you achieve your professional goals. Whether you’re an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options, or recently received your MBA degree, you’ll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
The Product Order Engineer is responsible for accurate and timely order configuration and detailing necessary to release work orders to manufacturing site. S/he analyzes orders and identify errors preventing order progression, communicates errors or discrepancies and takes necessary actions to find a solution. The Product Order Engineer must understand bills of materials and configure product structure necessary to communicate customer requirements to manufacturing.
- Perform detailing activities necessary to communicate an accurate bill of materials to manufacturing.
- Communicate with Local Business Partners, Global Industry Sales, Marketing, Engineering, and Project Management to insure proper form, fit, and function for the bill of materials provided. Will also utilize 3D models to help ensure this form, fit, and function.
- Work with internal design team and engineering to make modifications to detail drawings as necessary.
- Monitor the progress of orders and escalate issues to ensure timely release of items to manufacturing.
- Provide a high level of ownership of completed work through the production process; includes items in manufacturing, assembly, and product structure questions.
- Ability to support customer drawing teams by creating detail and dimensional drawings.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or closely related discipline, with specific coursework in computer-aided design. Associates degree in a technical discipline with experience in a highly mechanical/design/technology focused role considered.
- MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, OneNote, Outlook, PowerPoint, SharePoint)
- Microsoft SQL
- Proficient in SolidWorks (or other CAD software)
- Ability to learn internal tools and computer systems (Oracle, FF2, etc.)
- Mechanical/technical drawing interpretation
- Able to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Able to make technical decisions based on sound engineering facts
Flow Controls training/courses to be completed as Product Order Engineer I:
- Control Valve Fundamentals
- Valve Engineering I
- Intro to Materials
- Severe Service University (Fundamentals, Cavitation, and Noise)
- Severe Service University (Oil & Gas, Power, and Refining Industries)
- 3-month rotation at Marshalltown manufacturing site
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by calling 1-314-553-2544 (V/TTY/TDD) or by sending an email to email@example.com.