Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Chicago, Illinois
CME Group: Where Futures Are Made
CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is the world’s leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it – all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day – whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. With 2,500 employees located around the world, we’re small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we’re looking for more.
This role will be responsible for supporting the Manager of Regulatory Compliance and controls and the Business Continuity Management (BCM) and Global Physical Security (GS) compliance program. The role will help support operational activities, including: documentation, review and testing related to the departments’ compliance activities. The candidate will also support the second line of defense function and metric reporting activities for BCM and GS on an ongoing basis.
Additional tasks include monitoring US and International regulatory changes to provide guidance on policy and program enhancements and reviewing standards and best practices, to help ensure BCM and GS are aligned on an ongoing basis
The candidate must have strong interpersonal skills as a large part of the role includes working with the Legal, Clearing, Corporate Compliance, Government Relations, and Technology (Information Security) teams. The position may also represent CME Group on various external policy committees and working groups, as well as, the BCM Department on various internal working groups, project teams, and committees.
1.Prepare (or provide guidance/ expertise in the preparation of) responses to internal departments and external entity requests (regulatory, audit, etc.) on behalf of BCM and GS.
2. Assist in the creation of new BCM and GS policies and procedures to ensure program alignment with industry best practices and regulatory requirements.
3. Support the execution of internal testing plans, allowing management to appropriately certify control effectiveness. Conduct ongoing TOD and TOE testing, to help ensure control effectiveness.
4. Partner with business managers in implementing remediation action plans to accurately mitigate the root cause identified from compliance and regulatory testing.
5. Stay informed of the current compliance landscape, especially regarding applicable new or amended laws and regulations and assist in the development of updated procedures and controls addressing these changes.
6. Assist with other special projects in compliance as requested
3 to 5+ Years of related experience
See Job Description