VDC Piping Specialist at P1 Group
Posted in Architecture 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Lenexa, Kansas
P1 Group is currently seeking a full-time VDC Piping Specialist for our Lenexa, Kansas office.
The position develops detailed coordination and fabrication drawings of plumbing and HVAC piping for underground, sleeving, overhead interstitial space and equipment rooms.
To perform this job successfully, this person must have the following education, skills and abilities. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Vocational, Technical or Junior College (AA) in drafting or AutoCAD-related discipline; OR a minimum of ten years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Autodesk Revit Certifications are REQUIRED.
- A plumber/pipefitter journeyman’s license is preferred.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the appropriate specialty (detailing or drafting) and 10 years is preferred.
- Experience in plumbing/HVAC piping design and construction installation methods.
- Detailed understanding of all facets of construction blueprints (architectural, structural, civil, mechanical, plumbing, electrical, and special systems).
- Preferred: Knowledge of construction installation methods.
- Proficient in Autodesk Revit software and have used the software efficiently and regularly for at least 5 years.
- Proficient in using email, database, internet, spreadsheet, and word processing applications: specifically Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Windows), Adobe Acrobat, AutoCAD 2016 MEP (or more recent version) and Fabrication CADmep.
- Proficient using AutoCAD 2016 MEP (or more recent version), understand layering, external reference files, CTB files, menu modification, and plotting.
- Preferred: Skills in QuickPen PipeDesigner3D, Fabrication CADmep, Revit and Navisworks.
Customer Service: Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
Interpersonal Skills: Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
Reading and Comprehension: Reads, analyzes, and interprets general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Writes reports, instructions to employees, and basic business correspondence. Effectively presents information and responds to questions from groups of managers, internal customers, and vendors.
Oral Communication: Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; participates in meetings.
Written communication: Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; able to read and interpret written information.
Mathematical Skills: Uses general business and construction/engineering mathematics skills.
Planning/Organizing: Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently.
Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations.
Reasoning Ability: Solves practical problems and deals with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Interprets a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Technical Skills: Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others. Interprets correctly full sets of architectural, structural, and MEP drawings.
- Must be able to pass a satisfactory criminal background check and drug screen.
When necessary, additional duties may be assigned, and P1 Group expects the incumbent to exercise initiative to anticipate and prevent problems.
- Produces drawings consistent with instructions and prefabrication guidelines and standards.
- Develops detailed, three-dimensional piping, and equipment drawings for coordination with other trades and prefabrication based on the particular job specifications and design documents.
- Produces working drawings, details, and spool sheets from three-dimensional piping drawings as required for instructions to fabrication and installation crew.
- Prepares documentation requesting clarification of original architectural design and the organization and follow-up responses.
- Performs verification and preparation of layout drawings to meet customer requirements.
- Maintains CAD system to enhance effectiveness.
- Reads architectural and structural floor plans, section and elevations.
- Reads MEP drawings and has system knowledge for all plumbing and HVAC piping systems.
- Confers with engineering and project manager staff to resolve problems and explaining drawings to production or construction teams and providing adjustments as necessary.
- Represents the company in jobsite coordination meetings with other trades.
About our company
Since 1919, P1 Group, Inc. has created a proud tradition, outstanding reputation and proven performance record in the electrical and mechanical construction and building service industries. P1 Group has established itself as one of the premier contractors both locally and across the nation. Offering a challenging and fast-paced work environment, P1 Group takes pride in its ability to maintain a high standard of excellence along with an ethical and friendly business culture. Additionally, the safety program, which includes a full-time staff, has helped the company win numerous national safety awards.
P1 Group, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
We have a competitive compensation and benefit package.
See Job Description