Attorney Litigation II at CSAA Insurance Services LLC
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
External candidates: In order for your application to be correctly processed please sign-in before you apply
Internal candidates: Please go to Workday and click "Find Jobs" link under Career
Thank you for considering opportunities with us!
Attorney Litigation II
R2467 Attorney Litigation II (Open)
Las Vegas, Nevada
Provides legal advice, counsel and representation for insureds and/or CSAA IG before courts or arbitration panels and advises company employees in their handling of claim matters. Prepares legal pleadings, motions, statements, trial briefs, etc. Appears and advocates on behalf of CSAA IG and its member insureds. Conducts all phases of personal injury litigation including jury trials, motions, and arbitration hearings. Uses professional concepts to resolve moderately complex issues. Uses independent judgment on behalf of CSAA IG and its member insureds. Receives moderate scrutiny on new assignments.
Essential Functions / Principal Responsibilities
- Applies independent analysis and judgment to prepare legal pleadings, motions, statements, trial briefs, etc. with close coordination and input from claims specialists.
- Appears and advocates on behalf of CSAA IG and its member insureds.
- Conducts all phases of personal injury litigation including jury trials, motions, and arbitration hearings.
- Is typically assigned and responsible for more complex and/or higher value cases.
- Works on a variety of moderately complex assigned legal projects including matters not in litigation.
- Identifies issues with major implications, high liability exposure, special circumstances and/or departure from guidelines.
- Refers to higher level staff for review and possible assignment of additional resources.
- Monitors and analyzes existing and emerging laws and regulations affecting insurance and motor club operations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of personal injury law and procedure.
- Knowledge of general liability insurance coverage and CSAA IG policies.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in an organized and timely manner.
- Computer skills, MS office, online research tools such as WESTLAW.
- Knowledge of medical-legal issues pertaining to tort law.
- Understands the legal implications of information found in medical records.
- Knowledge of current law and issues within area of specialty.
- Ability to advocate creatively, persuasively and effectively.
- The ability to think and act independently in a client's best interest.
- Knowledge and understanding of legal ethics.
Education, Work Experience, Licenses & Certifications
- Advanced degree in related area that requires law degree and passing of bar exam.
- Certification(s) and/or licensure(s) in functional area and license from state of practice.
- 8+ years experience in insurance defense practice
- 3 - 5 years experience managing caseload for and leading legal teams preferred.