Teller Supervisor I - Madison Cottage Grove at Associated Bank
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
Equal Opportunity Employer
Associated Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We support a work environment where colleagues are respected and given the opportunity to perform to their fullest potential. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors. Applicants with a disability who need assistance applying for a position with Associated Bank are asked to email: colleaguecare@AssociatedBank.com or call: (800) 878-3282.
Responsible for expanding and deepening customer relationships by identifying customers’ needs comprehensively and matching their needs with selections and resources within the colleague’s assigned business line and across all business lines of Associated Bank.
As a valued colleague of Associated Bank you play a critical role in delivering an exceptional customer experience during every interaction. Expectations for this position require the ongoing focus on building solid and long lasting relationships by engaging all customers in a positive manner. Colleagues should provide customers a positive experience that includes undivided attention, straightforward and knowledgeable service and insure that the customer’s best interests are our number one priority. Consistency around customer experience guidelines is key and expected from all of our colleagues. Our goal is to simplify the customer experience and deliver outstanding service to every customer, every time.
Responsible for ensuring our customers receive fast, friendly service and that common courtesies are extended to every customer. Directs the day to day operational activities of the teller area, directly supervises tellers to ensure each customer’s experience is positive and memorable, trains staff on operational issues, is knowledgeable of policies and procedures, makes judgment decisions and coaches for referrals. Responsible for expanding and deepening customer relationships by identifying customers’ needs comprehensively and matching their needs with selections and resources within the colleague’s assigned business line and across all business lines of Associated Bank and coaching the teller team to do the same. The Teller Supervisor, in coordination with the Branch Manager is responsible for the operational integrity of the retail office. Also, may be called on to oversee the office in the Bank Manager's absence, where there isn’t an Assistant Manager.
Operates in full compliance with internal policies and procedures as well as applicable regulations and laws, including but not limited to Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering requirements. Responsible to report any procedure or process that doesn’t meet regulatory requirements including fraud, whether suspected or confirmed, to management. This reporting can be done directly to any member of management, including Human Resources or Corporate Security, or can be reported through Associated’s anonymous Ethics Hotline.
KEY RESULT AREAS
Customer Service (25%)
Training, Coaching, Mentoring/Retaining (20%)
1. Supervises Teller staff. Directs the day to day operations activities of the Teller area including: teller balancing, ordering cash, cash vault balancing, scheduling teller staff, ordering supplies, and completing daily and monthly reports, ensuring an excellent customer experience at every point of contact.
2. Participates in the interview and selection process, coaches, trains, develops, evaluates and and provides feedback to Tellers.
3. Performs periodic cash counts of Teller windows and cash vault.
4. Provides technical guidance and training to Tellers on operating procedures, monitors regulatory and compliance changes, and takes appropriate actions; ensures compliance with outside regulations and corporate Standard Operating Procedures.
5. Remain knowledgeable and conduct procedures relating to office security, including but not limited to: Security procedures, Monthly Audit Checklist requirements, security equipment testing, office security training, and surprise cash audits. Acts as a key security agent within the office. Makes security, check acceptance, and exception judgment calls in a manner that will protect Associated, our customers and colleagues against loss or fraud.
6. Maintain procedural proficiency in all products and services offered at the office. On a limited basis, may be called on to sell new accounts by gathering information about customer needs and recommending solutions to resolve customer needs. Requires understanding of sales, products, benefits, account ownership, forms and procedures. Assists customers in servicing issues. .
7. Supports the attainment of branch goals by coaching and motivating Tellers in indentifying opportunities to deepen customer relationships. Responsible for individual referrals and coaching the team in recognizing customer needs by leading by example. Participates in skill builder, branch huddles and other training sessions as directed.
8. Operates a teller window as needed.
Minimum Education High school diploma or equivalent.
Based upon both job expectations and your level of knowledge and experience, you may be asked to complete additional educational training. This training may include in-house or outside seminars, correspondence courses, or college and technical school classes.
Preferred Education Associates or Bachelor's Degree in business or related field or commensurate experience is required
Minimum Experience Demonstrated customer service skills, and retail and/or sales experience, and computer experience.
Organizational skills, Approachable, Consistent, Adaptability, Flexibility, Strong communication skills (written and verbal), Basic analytical skills, Time management, Good judgment, Sales, Problem-Solving. Composed, Genuine, Thorough, Focused, Attentive Listener, Approachable, Consistent, Attention to Detail, Follows Procedures, and Team Player
Preferred Experience 1-2 years experience in a banking environment or 2 years demonstrated proficiency in the standard operations of an office, including personal production and accuracy. Leadership, Customer Service, Cross Selling.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
Performs other duties as assigned.
Adherence to Company policy and procedures is required.
Perform duties in accordance with the Vision & Values of Associated Banc-Corp.
Regular attendance is required.
Basic math and reading skills, and attention to detail.
Use of basic office equipment (e.g., photocopier, voice mail, "fax" machine, calculator, multiple line telephones, typewriter, computers etc.).
Represent the organization in a professional and positive manner.
Teller Supervisor I: Typically supervises a staff of 4 or less colleagues.