Safety %26 Training Supervisor at National Express Corporation
Posted in General Business 16 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Ames, Iowa
Getting students to school safely, on time and ready to learn.
Durham School Services has almost a century of experience in providing safe and reliable transportation to student across the US. Durham is also part of a much larger family along with Petermann, Stock Transportation, Septran, The Provider, TransExpress, Safeway and Smith Bus, who come together as National Express LLC (NELLC). NELLC is one of the leading transportation companies in North America, operating 250 branches and employing 30,000 individuals. As a leader in student transportation, National Express, LLC (NELLC) is committed to exceptional safety, outstanding customer service and positive employee relations. We are currently seeking a Safety & Training Supervisor for our Customer Service Center (CSC) in Ames Iowa .
- Lead, design, develop and implement initial and recurrent training programs for transportation personnel.
- Supervise driver trainers, by establishing objectives, standards, work schedules and accountability for job performance.
- Proactively recruit individuals to apply and train them to become School Bus Drivers
- Provide classroom instruction and behind the wheel training of applicants and bus drivers to ensure successful completion of training and testing; recommend upgrades as necessary
- Provide on-going training and performance evaluations for all Driver employees
- Administer and maintain Company random drug/alcohol testing and pre-employment drug/alcohol testing program in conjunction with corporate office.
- Develop and conduct regularly scheduled Driver Safety Meetings.
- Assume primary responsibility in responding to personal injury and vehicle accidents by on-scene investigation and preparing and submitting reports to the corporate office in accordance with Company policy.
- Investigate customer service complaints relative to safety issues and take appropriate corrective action.
- Administer and maintain Company Safe Driver Award Program.
Company name is: Durham School Services
- High School diploma or equivalent. Some college preferred.
- 3 years as a Trainer in school bus transportation industry desired
- Supervisory experience preferred; specifically experience supervising/training a driver workforce
- Must complete state certification program or Durham's Training Academy for school bus driver instructor. Equivalent work experience as a Trainer can be substituted as appropriate.
- License or Certification: SBDI certification required; Commercial Driver's License with Passenger and School Bus Endorsements required;
- No preventable accidents in the past 36 and acceptable driving performance in the past 36 months is required
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office Software (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.) and transportation related software
- Strong leadership skills and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and group presentation skills
- Well-developed multi-tasking and time management skills
- Ability to provide direction, coaching and mentoring to employees while creating an environment that encourages and values input and feedback
- Ability to respond to unanticipated events to ensure excellence in customer service.
- Ability to Investigate claims and incidents of questionable conduct, accidents etc.
- Computer literacy skills in word processing and spreadsheets
Durham School Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For more information please visit http://www.durhamschoolservices.com or http://www.nellc.com .
Key Words : Safety Supervisor, Driver Safety Supervisor, Driver Safety Manager, Training Supervisor, Driver Training Supervisor, Driver Training Manager, Safety, Passenger Safety, Safety Training, Safety Compliance, Safety Meetings, Safety Programs, Safety Evaluations, Safety Records, Training, Training Records, Accident Review Committee, Accident Investigation, CDL, Commercial Driver's License, Bus, Buses, School Bus, School Buses, Passenger Buses, Student, Students, Pupil, Passenger, Passengers, Transportation, Special Needs Transportation, Logistics, Operations, DOT, School, Schools, Public School, Public Schools, NAPT, VersaTrans, Edulog, Zonar
Company name is: Durham School Services