Region Maintenance Manager at National Express Corporation
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: New York, New York
Getting students to school safely, on time and ready to learn.
Durham School Services has almost a century of experience in providing safe and reliable transportation to student across the US. Durham is also part of a much larger family along with Petermann, Stock Transportation, Septran, The Provider, TransExpress, Safeway and Smith Bus, who come together as National Express LLC (NELLC). NELLC is one of the leading transportation companies in North America, operating 250 branches and employing 30,000 individuals. As a leader in student transportation, National Express, LLC (NELLC) is committed to exceptional safety, outstanding customer service and positive employee relations. We are currently seeking a Region Maintenance Manager for our Customer Service Center (CSC) in the State of New York or New Hampshire area .
- Direct and control the company's fleet and maintenance activities within assigned area while ensuring compliance with all state, federal, contractual and policy requirements.
- Directly support, mentor and interact with CSC Maintenance Supervisors or Lead Technicians to achieve/exceed performance goals.
- Accountable for asset management within assigned area.
- Continually review the maintenance strategy ensuring commercial viability and effective service delivery.
- Assist in development and implementation of maintenance quality initiatives and influence Operations understanding, support and achievement of goals.
- Participate in reviews/audits as required to verify compliance with all safety/maintenance Policies and Procedures.
- Assist with development of performance goals for the shop as a whole and for individuals. Create and execute action plans associated with those goals.
- Participate in screening, interviewing and selection of the most qualified candidates during the hiring process. Work with HR Recruiters, Operations as well as attend Tech Schools and career fairs to ensure company is presented as an employer of choice.
- Accountable for asset availability and appropriate repair decisions to maximize asset uptime. Regular communication across all business segments to prioritize workflow and maximize equipment availability as operational dynamics fluctuate.
- Develop associates' skills by ensuring participation in vendor and company led training. Share knowledge and embed best practices, company compliance procedures and policies.
- Ensure locations are properly equipped with tooling to perform necessary repairs.
- Actively provide good employee relations ensuring effective communication and encouraging participation.
- Ensure compliance with health and safety and environmental legislation.
- Achieve compliance with agreed Key Performance Indicators (KPI's).
- Assist with special projects/assignments as required.
- College degree and / or 7 years of relevant Fleet experience preferred
- At least 5 years management experience, preferably in in multi-site environment
- Lean/Six Sigma Experience preferred
- 5 years of fleet Supervisor experience in a Diesel Shop with Heavy/Med duty fleets preferred Minimum of five years Auto / Truck or Bus mechanical repair experience preferred
- Experience with Compliance with the local applicable DOT compliance of Med / Heavy Trucks
- Prefer ASE Certification as a Master Automotive Technician and/or a Master Truck Technician
- Must be computer proficient and have strong experience with computerized diagnostics
- Strong leadership skills / experience with previous budgeting experience.
- Proven ability to manage multi-level relationships and liaise effectively with Operations and Corporate Management along with strong problem solving ability to provide solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage a range of activities associated with a large workforce which ensures efficient and effective service levels are consistently maintained. Operating within a union environment is optimal.
- Ability to critically analyze a diversity of labor management/disciplinary issues and work collaboratively with Operations and labor relations specialists to develop strategies/solutions to satisfactorily resolve concerns.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with Excel, Word software. Oracle familiarization a plus.
- Ability to travel up to 50% regularly
National Express LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information please visit http://www.durhamschoolservices.com or http://www.nellc.com .