Transplant Financial Coordinator-FT- Heart Acquisition-NZTI- INTEGRIS Baptist Medical Center at Integris
Posted in General Business 13 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Transplant Financial Coordinator, Full Time, Heart Acquisition, NZTI, INTEGRIS Baptist Medical Center
Job Code: 1059
The Transplant Financial Coordinator is a designated member of the transplant team and serves as a liaison between hospital, patient and third party payors for all financial matters surrounding liver, lung, heart, kidney, living donor transplant and ventricular assist devices during all stages of transplant (referral, pre -tx, listing, transplantation, post-tx). The coordinator works with patients and families in a compassionate and tactful manner to facilitate access to and provide continuity of care.
INTEGRIS Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The Transplant Financial Coordinator (TFC) responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Maintains regular clinical contact with patients, both inpatient and outpatient.
* Identifies and effectively communicate financial information to the transplant team members, patients, donors, and their families with emphasis on identifying benefits and potential out of pocket liability the patient may incur. Explore alternative funding, including fundraising, where liability exists.
* Assists transplant patients to resolve financial problems, which may include correspondence with insurance companies, physician billing services and other groups.
* Obtains pre- certification and verification from any third party payers or employer for each phase of transplant, including but not limited to outpatient prescription drugs, organ acquisition, follow up clinic visits, and travel and lodging. .
* Assesses diverse information for a variety of sources to determine if transplant candidate has resources to sustain the financial demands before and after transplant.
* Based on assessment, make recommendations to the Program Selection committee regarding candidacy as related to candidate's financial viability for transplant
* Establishes and maintain effective working relationships with other TFC's. While a TFC may specialize in one organ group, TFC's function as a team and are expected to be knowledgeable and able to function for all organ groups.
* Maintains database and statistical information as required.
* Assists in the preparation of reports for operational decision making
* Attends departmental, selection and patient education meeting as required.
* Provides input relative to process improvements and cost containment measures.
* Coordinates the data reporting of pre transplant services for Medicare cost reporting
* Assists contracting department in the negotiating of single case agreements with non-contracted health plans.
* Networks with other TFC's, organizations, and centers to expand knowledge and understanding of transplant processes, programs, funding, and other related services and regulations
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Reports to the Director of Finance
Required Physical Demands (Subject to Reasonable Accommodation):
Keyboarding/Dexterity: Frequently; activity exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time
Standing/Walking: Occasionally; activity exists up to 1/3 of the time
Strength (Lift/Carry/Push/Pull): Sedentary (exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally)
Talking (Must be able to effectively communicate verbally): Yes
Color Acuity (Must be able to distinguish and identify colors): No
This position may have additional or varied physical demand and/or respiratory fit test requirements. Please consult the Physical Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk Management/Employee Health for additional information.
Potential for exposure to infections and communicable diseases, blood and body fluids, electrical equipment, chemicals. Must follow standard precautions.
All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal law, including protected veteran or disability status.
* 2 years of college coursework required, college degree preferred.
* 5 years of experience in healthcare financial area may substitute for education.
* Proficient in using Microsoft Office as well as ability to learn and utilize, various hospital based systems in a proficient manner.
* Ability to make independent decisions and work effectively with professionals and non-professionals in situations of high complexity and high intensity in a positive and professional manner.
* Ability to effectively and compassionately interview patients to obtain needed information.
* Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing.
* Must be able to communicate effectively in English (verbal/written).