Mobility Rehab Tech, Occasional Part Time, Weekends, Acute Physical Medicine, INTEGRIS Baptist Medical Center at Integris
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Mobility Rehab Tech
Job Code: 2479
The Mobility Rehab Technician is responsible for provision and administration of patient ambulation and transfers under the supervision of the nursing staff. The Mobility Tech, as directed and supervised by the nursing staff, provides daily mobility assistance to those who are at a minimal assistance, standby assistance or independent level, to assist the patient in reaching his/her maximum performance and level of functioning. The Mobility Rehab Tech participates in operational aspects of the department, maintains performance improvement activities within the department, and participates in PI activities. Participates in all infection control, departmental equipment training, organizational safety, and fire safety programs. Patients cared for/interacted with are, pediatrics, adolescents, adults, and geriatrics. This position requires population specific competencies. Adheres to National Patient Safety Goals as appropriate based on the level of patient contact this position requires.This position may be required to float to other units/floors and may be required to take call.
INTEGRIS Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal law, including protected veteran or disability status.
The Mobility Rehab Technician responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Responsible for providing transfers and ambulation as directed by the nursing staff.
* Monitors cardiovascular and respiratory precautions for patients undergoing ambulation.
* Notifies appropriate licensed personnel when patients voice concerns or complaints to include pain.
* Communicates any changes in condition (physical or mental) to nurse that is covering the patient for the day or charge nurse as appropriate.
* Prepares, cleans, and disinfects equipment for patient use at all times.
* Records treatment/outcome in accordance with departmental policy.
* Consults other departments, as appropriate, to collaborate in patient care.
Reporst to assigned supervisor, manager or director.
Required Physical Demands (Subject to Reasonable Accommodation):
Keyboarding/Dexterity: Occasionally; activity exists up to 1/3 of the time
Standing/Walking: Constantly; activity exits up to 2/3 of the time
Strength (Lift/Carry/Push/Pull): Medium (Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, or 10 to 25 pounds of force constantly to move objects)
Talking (Must be able to effectively communicate verbally): Yes
Color Acuity (Must be able to distinguish and identify colors): No
This position may have additional or varied physical demand and/or respiratory fit test requirements. Please consult the Physical Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk Management/Employee Health for additional information.
Moderate exposure to hazardous risks, including potential for exposure to infections, communicable diseases, blood and body fluids, mechanical and electrical equipment, variety of chemicals, and sharp equipment (debridement, splinting, and kitchen equipment). Potential for bodily injury related to lifting and cumulative stress. Potential for workplace violence (agitated, confused, combative patients, angry family members). Must follow universal safety precautions. Moderate to frequent exposure to oven, stove, and microwave. May be exposed to constant interruptions, noise, disagreeable odors, and assorted chemicals. Must cope with high case loads and multiple demands. May float to other units. May be required to be on call status, work weekends, or flex schedule. Required to work with wheelchairs, walkers, and other rehab equipment on a daily basis. Frequent exposure to grease, tools, equipment with sharp edges, and lifting of equipment.
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* Current BLS or CPR certification or completion with 30 days of hire.
* Previous clinical experience preferred
* Six months of experience in healthcare or vo tech training as a therapy tech or nurse aide.
* Must be able to communicate effectively in English (verbal/written)